It’s Friday, I’m in love

February 22, 2013

Happy Friday! This week seems to have flown by. It’s surprising how much I can squeeze into my day, even though I’m not working. I’ve had meetings, eaten amazing Mexican food with good friends, been to my DanceFit class, went to watch our local team play football (we won!), worked at the soup-run and attended a press event at Porta, a beautiful shop in Brighton (more on that another day).¬†Tonight Trout and I are going to see one of our favourite bands at the moment;¬†Paws. I haven’t seen them since last year sometime, and they were brilliant live. I’m going to be good and not stay out too late though, as me and my sister are planning a trip to London tomorrow for some much-needed shopping, champagne-sipping and maybe a spot of museum-hopping.

Yesterday was particularly busy, and I was relieved to finally get home, hop into an oversized t-shirt and tuck into my favourite pizza from Pizzaface. They offer vegan cheese on their pizzas and garlic bread, and everything tastes so fresh and delicious!

We have to have these vital accompaniments: sweet chilli sauce, bbq sauce and pepsi max.

Rasputin was pretty into the pizza, too.

Here are a few things that have been inspiring me this week:

+ this article from Love Taza on unplugging and spending some much-needed time away from your phone and many social media platforms. I’m tempted to try this myself; if a blogger of her stature (who obviously receives hundreds of tweets/emails/comments etc. in any given day) can resist checking her accounts then so can I!
+ a brilliant illustrated film from 365 Days of Breakfast, on a re-cap of her life. I would love to put something like this together!
+ peanut butter sticky buns from A Beautiful Mess. Oh sweet lord, these sound incredible!
+ this article on different perceptions of bloggers, from The Man Repeller. I particularly like the section where she discusses bloggers being gifted items, which leads their readers to assume that if they rave about any product then they have been gifted it. It’s a sad time when bloggers have to say that each post is not sponsored.
+ crispy cornmeal sweet potato fries from My New Roots. Wowza these look good!
+ this Creatures of Comfort AW13 collection, featured on peppermint soda. I love the clothing but I think I love the veg more!
+ Lyzi’s trip to Brighton at the weekend, on Being Little. I love seeing other people’s take on this lovely city, and reminding me of places that I should visit more often!

What do you have planned for the weekend? What’s been inspiring you this week?

About these ads
  1. February 22, 2013 3:07 pm

That pizza looks incredible! I can’t wait to get back down to Brighton, we have tickets for the Great Escape festival :-)

2. February 22, 2013 5:11 pm

I haven’t had a pizza like that for so long, yum!

3. February 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Oh my god, Pizza Face! I’ve never tried it but it looks and sounds amazing. Now I really want pizza and pepsi. Ha!

• February 25, 2013 9:22 am

Oh gosh, you have to try Pizzaface! Such a brilliant company, and the food is brilliant.

4. February 23, 2013 12:18 am

Pizzaface sounds like the best name for a pizza place, ever. My job is making pizzas, though, so I don’t think I’ll be wanting a pizza any time soon. Even though that one looks good.

• February 25, 2013 9:22 am

I worked in a pizza shop for 3 years – I know how you feel! I still had the odd one though, too good to resist!

5. February 23, 2013 10:51 pm

I love the pizza boxes (and the pizza looks yummy, of course). It looks like Pizzaface was typed on to that thick sticky tape using one of those imprinters of the 80s :-) I remember getting one for xmas when I was about 6….fab! :-)

• February 25, 2013 9:23 am

I used to have one of those, too! It’s back at my parents house somewhere – I’ll have to dig it out!

6. February 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Mmmmm Pizza Face! We always have ours with mayo!

7. February 25, 2013 2:42 pm

You/your blog inspires me! Everytime I click your page, you make me so excited to move to Brighton (amongst other amazing things!)

Love, and happy Monday x