Life Lately, including breakfast, wearing my pjs to work and a good old roast dinner

January 11, 2014

Life lately has involved plenty of food (obviously), both of the healthy variety and the not so healthy variety. I’ve been enjoying one of my favourite breakfasts everyday; vanilla soya yogurt, maple and pecan granola, fresh fruit and a blob of salty peanut butter on top. Delish.

Then there are those breakfasts that aren’t quite so healthy. Like a whole stack of pancakes on a Sunday morning. Geez Louise these were good. Thanks Wai Kika Moo Kau!

I popped to Street Diner on Friday and had another amazing lunch thanks to Sultan’s Delights. Everything just tastes so good! Or maybe that was because I am bringing my own lunch to work every day, in a bid to save money and eat more healthy meals, which inevitably can’t compare to lunches like this!!

Trout and I have taken on the 30-day plank challenge, which is good because we’ve also been enjoying plates like this…

Millionaire’s Shortbread and a slice of chocolate and vanilla cheesecake.
Both vegan, from Infinity Foods.

Just after Christmas we met up with friends for a good old roast dinner, it was so nice getting everyone round the table together.

I’ve also been doing plenty of photography for clients, which I love. It’s funny to sit back after I’ve finished and watch colleagues devour the plates of food – it must look quite strange to the other diners!

I also wore my pyjamas to work. Not really! This is the beautiful shirt I blogged about a few months ago, and my Motherbear kindly bought for me for Christmas. I love it!

And these are the wonderful sales shoes that I had been hunting for, and finally they are mine. It’s true love.

And finally, I was featured in Healthy Magazine! All be it as a simple tweet, but still…!

So that’s mostly what’s been happening lately. If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably already seen a few of these pictures – if you’re on there let me know and I’ll give you a follow, I definitely need more inspiring photos to enjoy every day.

It’s the weekend! What do you have planned? We don’t have too many plans; drinks for a friend’s birthday this evening and that’s about it I think. We really want to go to the cinema to see American Hustle, so that might be tomorrow, and might include vegan hotdogs at Dukes at Komedia! I can’t resist a good dawg. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

About these ads
  1. January 11, 2014 6:12 pm

I can go for a bowl of granola right now… thanks for the inspiration!

2. January 11, 2014 8:34 pm

I love all those pictures. And now I really want to have pancakes. I might have to make a big batch this weekend and freeze them to eat early in the morning before work during the week. It’d definitely pick up my day.

• January 13, 2014 2:02 pm

That’s such a good idea! I used to do that with gingerbread waffles – it feels like such a treat to start the day with before work!

3. efcliz permalink
    January 11, 2014 8:49 pm

I’m intrigued about how pancakes are so much less ‘healthy’ than your other breakfast?

4. January 12, 2014 12:00 am

Everything looks amazingly tasty! WOW!!
    I watched American Hustle earlier this week, a very clever film! :)

5. January 12, 2014 11:11 am

Looks like your January has been lovely so far, love those shoes! We were in town yesterday for an Italian and now today I’m going to try and do some work, after reading blogs!

6. January 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Those pancakes look great. You can’t go wrong with a huge stack of pancakes.

7. January 13, 2014 1:13 am

Looking at this post has got me craving millionaire’s shortbread like nobody’s business.
    Lovely blog :)