WIAW – #4

May 16, 2012
tags: ,

It’s that time again! What I Ate Wednesday!

Most of these eats are spread out over the last 5 days, and I’ve picked out some of the best meals. Not necessarily eaten all in one day, but a little more interesting than my daily routine in one go!

Breakfast.

This was one of the best breakfasts that I’ve ever had! It tasted so delicious and indulgent. I spooned plenty of my true-love vanilla soya yoghurt into a bowl, topped with fresh strawberries and had one of my Graze box berry flapjacks with it, to add some oaty texture. Wowza, I think this might be making a regular occurrence!

Snack.

At the weekend I made my very first smoothie! Super simple but delicious, it was perfect for a sunny afternoon snack.

Ripe banana, strawberries, apple and some soya milk

Lunch.

One of my favourite foods are edamame beans – both baked and freshly boiled! I’ve been enjoying these with salads of fresh, crisp tomato, a bed of lettuce and salty black olives. I think I had a bit of left-over curry in this salad bowl, too!

Dinner.

Dinner was pizza! I used the brilliant Warburton’s Square(ish) wraps, topped with home-made pizza sauce, red onion, green pepper, mushroom, jalapenos, Wheaty’s chorizo and Vegusto No Moo Melty cheese. I also made some of Maple Spice‘s yummy garlic bread and a simple salad on the side.

After having a pretty brilliant weekend, I’m in a much better mood for this week and determined to make it smile-filled, with plenty of happy thoughts. So far, so good! I went to see some great bands on Monday night at the Green Door Store, along with plenty of friendly faces, and last night was the soup-run, which I always enjoy. This morning I finally ordered a copy of the issue of Chickpea Magazine that I had an article published in. My first printed article! And my photograph is 1 of 7 used to promote the issue. I’m so excited to receive it! I’m also back to ordering the lovely Graze boxes, and this week’s looks flippin BRILLIANT! All of my favourite things – including another box of the flapjacks which I had for breakfast! Yes!

Not too many plans for this week, but I’m mainly just looking forward to the weekend when I finally get to spend some time with Mr T! He’s working 6 days a week, usually for 12 – 15hrs per day, so Saturday marks some time with each other!

I hope that everyone is enjoying their week so far – start making some plans for the weekend and praying for some sunshine!

1. May 16, 2012 7:53 am

Happy WIAW! That pizza looks fabulous! Congrats on getting your first article printed – that must be so exciting!

2. May 16, 2012 11:36 am

Those pizzas look incredible! Great that you were featured in Chickpea mag! I think its a great resource for vegans, well done you :-)

3. May 16, 2012 5:17 pm

That Pizza looks delicious, I’m a pizza fiend.
    A big congratulations on your first printed article – I remember seeing my work in print for the first time (I was once a research scientist) and it’s something to treasure.

Gems x

Fashion, Well Done

• May 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Thankyou! I think it will be very exciting when it comes through my letterbox – then it will seem more real!

4. May 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Ahh, your food looks incredible!

5. May 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I love finding new blog friends and WIAW is the perfect opportunity to do so!
    I had a punnet of Graze box flapjacks this afternoon! Aren’t they just the best thing ever? Your dinner looks especially delicious!

• May 16, 2012 8:57 pm

They are so delicious! I love all the flapjack flavours, but these berry ones are definitely the best – and I have another punnet en route!
      Love finding new, healthy, inspiring blogs :)

6. May 16, 2012 10:10 pm

edemame is one of my favorite salad toppers! I have some sitting in the fridge right now that I can’t wait to use!

7. May 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Ooh how much do I love pizza?? And edamame too – they are so addictive I could just eat them, plain, all night long haha. Better than fries or chips, right??

• May 17, 2012 7:41 am

Definitely I love edamame beans in every variety you can get them in, they have such great flavour!

8. choc3178 permalink
    May 16, 2012 11:15 pm

PIZZA!!!!! This caught my eye. YUMSIE! and congrats on the article!

9. May 17, 2012 7:50 am

Great post Chrissi…

10. May 18, 2012 5:07 pm

This is fab, well done on the article, you should be very proud :)

Jess x