WIAW #6

June 6, 2012
tags: ,

I’m really happy to be back for WIAW! I missed last week, and am even more pleased to return for the introduction of a new theme; Sensible Snacking! Here are my eats:

For breakfast I had half a slice of sourdough bread with some beautiful strawberry jam that my sister’s fiancee made Mr T for his birthday. Gorgeous. I also had a small bowl of vanilla soya yoghurt (♥) with fresh raspberries and blueberries, and a handful of Dorset Cereal’s Tasty Flakes for a bit of bite. I had these with a mug of coffee and a small glass of orange and carrot juice.

As we have now moved into a lovely new office I am enjoying breakfast and lunch at home, as I am conveniently located around 3 minutes away! Brilliant. It’s so nice to come home for some kitty cuddles to break up the day.

Oh hiii Rasputin!

Lunch was a salad bowl with roasted broccoli, baked squash, lettuce, smoked tofu and some other veggies, with a pitta bread and blob of houmous.

This is one of my favourite fun dinners to make – omelette! It’s made from a recipe in Vegan Brunch, and I love how it’s coloured with turmeric. It’s so bright! I filled it with garlic mushrooms and spinach, and served with crispy mini roast potatoes and some baked beans. Yum!

As this month is a Snacking Special, here are a few of my favourite snack choices! Of course these are not eaten in one day, but they are my top picks:

1. Clif bars 2. Jaffa Cake tub from my Graze box
3. Trek bar in Mixed Berry 4. Fruit!
5. Dark chocolate covered rice cakes 6. Roasted chickpeas
7. Pulsin chocolate brownie 8. Baked edamame beans
9. No-bake carrot cake balls 10. Bear Bites Granola – Cocoa Cherry Pie

1. June 6, 2012 8:03 am

I love the Pulsin brownies, they’re so expensive though! (And I wouldn’t mind them being a little bigger :)) Trek bars…peanut butter is the ultimate!

• June 6, 2012 6:26 pm

They are quite satisfyingly chocolatey though, I think! For some reason I never really like the peanut butter Trek bars – even though I LOVE peanut butter anything!

2. June 6, 2012 9:13 am

Everything looks tasty! It’s so great when you don’t have a long commute to work…Excellent! Your kitty is SO cute!

3. June 6, 2012 11:20 am

That breakfast looks delicious! I’ve had those chickpeas from Taj and they blow my head off, so spicy! I’d love a job where I could go home for lunch then I’d be able to have a dog :-)

• June 6, 2012 6:10 pm

I can’t wait to get a dog! It won’t be until we have a house, garden etc though :(
      Those chickpeas are SO spicy, haha!

4. June 6, 2012 5:40 pm

I’m addicted to those rice cakes!

5. June 6, 2012 11:23 pm

great breakfast! I wish I had enough time to eat well in the mornings but I’m too darn tired at the mo! this baby is a wriggler and keeps me awake!

6. June 6, 2012 11:24 pm

fab breakkie! i need to spend more time with my breakfasts!

7. StoriesAndSweetPotatoes permalink
    June 7, 2012 12:11 am

That pictures of your cat is just perfect! Made me giggle :)