WIAW #7

June 20, 2012
tags: ,

Another week, another daily menu!

Dorset Cereals Tasty Flakes, topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries and soya milk, with a cup of carrot and orange juice and coffee.

This was a really fun lunch – Mr T had to come home to work due to technical difficulties in the office, and he swung by Marks & Spencer on the way home. When I came home at midday for my break we had a lovely lunch together of salads, some left-over dahl, warm ciabatta and slices of gherkin with houmous. It was so nice to have some unexpected time together, even if it was too brief!

A super delicious dinner! I made some roasted vegetables and Mr T made an awesome salad with big chunks of vegetables, sundried tomatoes, olives, croutons and a bright dressing. We also had some fresh, crusty bread, houmous and dolmades. With a lovely bottle of beer!

As this is a Snacking Special, I would like to dedicate this post to my current OBSESSION! Roasted chickpeas. Amazing! I’ve been snacking on them everyday, they are brilliant.

And to round up WIAW, here’s a new photograph of Rasputin! Cat-in-a-box! Hope everyone has been enjoying their food this week, especially their snacks!

1. June 20, 2012 9:10 am

Looks like a lovely day of eats! I wish I could just pop home on my lunch I think that would make my day so much more relaxed :-)

2. June 20, 2012 9:49 am

Oh I adore those chickpeas. They are so addictive!

3. June 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Your eats always look so yummy, so I look forward to your WIAW and of course a wonderful appearance of Rasputin

4. June 20, 2012 2:25 pm

YUMMY EATS!!!! Where did you buy the roasted chickpeas? I really need to try them before I fly home!!! Happy WIAW :)

• June 20, 2012 2:45 pm

The chickpeas are from Holland & Barrett – you have to try them, they are so yummy!
      Happy WIAW!

5. June 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Everything about your lunch looks delicious! What a fun little mid-day date!

• June 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Thankyou! It’s super nice having a little break at home in the afternoon x

6. Kammie permalink
    June 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Nom nom! haha I totally laughed at the pic of your cat! Happy WIAW to you! :)

7. June 20, 2012 6:24 pm

I do not want to think about how much money I spend on those chickpeas, especially when they are half price. The local Holland and Barretts (and not so local) know me by name and reserve me stock!

• June 20, 2012 6:39 pm

I know – I’ve only been able to get them in my local in the last week or so and am already finishing my 3rd bag!

8. June 25, 2012 9:31 pm

your dinner looks perfect! I could eat that combo right now :-)