WIAW – Fun, Food & Fitness!

July 4, 2012

Happy WIAW! Thanks to Jenn for hosting the Fun Food Fest!

This month’s theme is FITNESS!

I can’t say that I’m too much of a fitness freak. I should probably try to do more but with a combination of a phobia of public exercise and a general lack of fitness, I tend to stick to good old fashioned walking and completing workout DVDs at home.

These are my favourites. Nell McAndrew DVDs are fantastic – really simple to follow but they give enough of a challenge to really make you sweat and see positive results. There are also a couple of Opt Out stages, giving you the flexibility of a shorter workout if you’re limited on time. I love the yoga DVD, and need to find time to do this more often.

Now, onto the FOOD!

Breakfast

A braeburn apple, sliced and served up with an orange & ginger flapjack from my Graze box.

Lunch

This is quite a random combination, but I’ve been loving it lately! Two slices of multi-seed bread, smothered with reduced-fat houmous, topped with grated carrot, slices of gherkin and a sprinkling of roasted veg couscous. Served up with a handful of roasted chickpeas.

Dinner

This was an amazing dinner. I came home to find Mr T cooking up a storm – including pesto and balsamic coated grilled vegetable kebabs, sundried tomato and roasted pepper couscous, creamy avocado salad and some brilliant fresh bread, spread with houmous. Washed down with a crisp glass of white wine, this was the perfect summer supper.

And here’s a photograph of Rasputin looking very wise, and also like he might sneeze.

This week seems to be dragging somewhat! Let’s hope it picks up from now onwards. I’ve completed two of my training days with the Survivor’s Network, which I’m really enjoying. It’s tough, and I have so much to learn but I’m excited to be working with them and gaining all these new skills and experience! I hope that everyone is enjoying their week so far, and making some fun plans for the weekend!

1. July 4, 2012 9:01 am

I also enjoy doing fitness DVDs when I don’t get a chance to go to the gym, go for a run or a bike ride. Your dinner looks fabulous. Pesto and balsamic coated vegetables sounds like perfection! Happy WIAW!!!!

2. July 4, 2012 10:24 am

Your lunch and dinner both look delicious!

3. July 4, 2012 12:22 pm

Wow what an amazing meal Mr T put together! It sounds delicious!

4. July 4, 2012 2:51 pm

Your lunch looks so random and good! I love to combine all sorts of flavors and textures for an easy, go-to meal!

• July 5, 2012 11:01 am

Haha, this is pretty much just me emptying my fridge onto two slices of toast! You’re right about the textures though, it works really well!

5. kabochafashionista permalink
    July 4, 2012 3:22 pm

Right, you’ve made me realise, I need a man in my life who can cook AMAZING food when I get home ummm like ASAP?! And your lunch sounds delicious!!
    Heheee I had to laugh at Rasp’s cute little facee!!! <3

6. July 4, 2012 3:26 pm

AH PITY THA FOOL WHO DOAN EA’ MAH PESTO!!

7. July 4, 2012 9:03 pm

Mr T did so well with the meal, it looks fab!

8. July 5, 2012 3:04 am

Your lunch picture made me click on your post. And I’m glad I did. I’m totally going to have to replicate that! the colours even match :)

1. Sunrise, Sunset « paperbagblog