Vegan Food Swap!

August 1, 2012

There aren’t many things that make me happier than sending and receiving parcels – especially when they contain vegan goodies! I was so excited when I saw that there were talks of a Vegan Food Swap, and I knew I had to get involved. Big love to the To Happy Vegans for organising the UK Vegan Food Swap!

I was paired up with the beautiful, hilarious and kind Mel from Toxic Vegan – and couldn’t be happier with the parcel that I received!

She kindly included an amazing hand-made card with the parcel, which was such a nice touch! I received a box full of goodies that I’d never tried before – including Moo Free chocolate, seitan jerky and Lucy’s cookies.

I received a packet of Tropical Trail mix, which is a great combination of dried banana chips, papaya, cherries, raisins and coconut. Delicious! My favourite item has to be the Moo Free chocolate, in a ‘honeycomb’ flavour – I didn’t even know this existed! I recently bought the original flavour and the raisin flavour, but this is by far the best! The packet includes 3 individual bars, which is very good for me as I tend to scoff the entire bar if it’s full size. I also received a jar of thai yellow curry paste, which we’re yet to experiment with, marshmallows (yum!) and some tea!

Rasputin loved the box, and clambered inside as soon as it was empty, and lovingly chewed the tape around the edge.

Although I have tried vermicelli noodles, I hadn’t tried this brand before, and they were delicious! We rustled up a stirfry with them, packed with veggies and with some edamame beans and spring rolls on the side.

These cookies were amazing! I need to figure out where I can buy these from, they were so delicious. Especially when topped with peanut butter!

Here is a peek at the parcel that I sent my partner – I was paired with Mitsu, the swapping organiser. Panic! What do you send the vegan who has tried everything?! Miraculously I managed to pick products which she had never tried before!

I included a packet of roasted gluten, a bar of strawberry and pepper chocolate, a raw chocolate brownie, some roasted chickpeas, chocolate rice cakes, chocolate honeycomb and some home-made chocolate chip cookies.

If you haven’t signed up already, please join in the fun here! You have until August 5th to take part in next month’s swap. As Mel said, this month’s swap was like Christmas in July!

1. August 1, 2012 12:52 pm

What a great swap!

2. August 1, 2012 4:52 pm

What a fabulous package! I really want to try those mini moos!

3. August 1, 2012 9:28 pm

Such a fab swap!

4. August 1, 2012 11:04 pm

What a great idea, receiving parcels is the best!

5. August 2, 2012 6:17 am

Taking part in my first food swap next month – so excited – cannot wait! Sadly there is no vegan version online yet, where other EU residents than people from the UK can take part… hopefully somebody will come up with this soon – we have a lot of great German vegan stuff to share ;)

• August 2, 2012 9:39 am

You’re right, an international swap would be brilliant! Even within the UK I still received items which I hadn’t tried before, but it would be even better if they were things that I couldn’t get at all!

6. August 2, 2012 9:07 pm

What a great looking package of goodies! I love the ‘honeycomb’ chocolate bars and the Kallo rice cakes. I’ve never tried those cookies though, they look yummy & I love that you included the stir fry you made with the soba noodles in your post.

• August 3, 2012 8:47 pm

The cookies are brilliant – I found them in Wholefoods today, you have to try them!

7. toxicvegan permalink
    August 8, 2012 11:13 pm

Hey Christina – I found a laptop in sunny/haily Iowa and read this blog whilst munching on jalapeno sweet potato crisps and sipping a gnt ;-)
    I’m so pleased you liked your parcel – I had so much fun shopping for you and am excited to do it all again now for round 2 :-)
    I like your description of me too – although I would only agree with 1 of the adjectives, it made me smile :-D
    I look forward to seeing what we all get this month #happydays #happyvegans

• August 8, 2012 11:39 pm

Ooh sounds like you’re having a great time! It was so much fun swapping with you, I hope we get matched up again so that I can send you some goodies x

• toxicvegan permalink
        August 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Oh now that would be awesome! I was a bit pushed for time this month but bought and sent everything yesterday – phew!! xx

1. Vegan News @ KitaVeg.com » Vegan Food Swap! « paperbagblog