Kosher Kingdom – Vegan Paradise!

August 5, 2012

Ever since I saw Mitsu’s blog about Kosher Kingdom, I had been dreaming of paying a visit! Since we were in London and had a couple of hours to spare, we decided that today was the day – I was so happy!

Kosher Kingdom
7 Russell Parade
London
NW11 9NN

The supermarket itself is pretty big – with a fresh fruit & veg section, and bread & baked goods, as well as aisles of dry goods and a large freezer section. There isn’t a vegan section per se, so it is a case of reading ingredients and double-checking. Here are the goodies that we bought:

Tofutti ‘Cheese’ & Tomato Pizza

SO GOOD!

This is probably the best shop-bought vegan pizza that we’ve ever tried – it is so similar to a supermarket Basics pizza. This isn’t a bad thing at all! The cheese tastes like real cheese and melts brilliantly, it just isn’t super striking in flavour. It’s great as it is, but I would like to buy another and jazz it up with olives, vegan meats, veggies etc.

Tofurky slices, in Hickory Smoked and Roast Beef Style, and Tofurky Polish Sausage

A little pricey, and the Tofurky slices actually aren’t filled with flavour, but the texture is spot on, and when it’s piled into a sandwich they taste great. The Polish sausage was absolutely delicious! My Dad would be so proud!

Trio’s in Fudge Filled and Original

Dunkees!

Plenty more cookies…!

And Trek bars – at the same price as the company sell them on their website, 99p each!

Of course we couldn’t buy everything, but here are some other bits that caught my eye (and made me laugh…!)

If you’re in London and have some spare time – I really recommend paying Kosher Kingdom a visit! It was so exciting to find so many things which shouldn’t be vegan. I was disappointed that they didn’t have any Wotsit-like crisps, and I was uncertain about the white chocolate and caramel chocolate chips (which turned out to be vegan) so am already planning a return visit as soon as possible!

1. August 5, 2012 8:46 am

I didn’t have much time when I went, it appears I missed a lot! It would be so easy to spend hours in there. Next time :) x

• August 5, 2012 9:01 am

I’m not sure about the opening times – I think the website says 7am – Midnight but they shut just after 5pm when we were there, I think for stock take. Probably a good thing or I would have bought the whole shop!

2. August 5, 2012 2:27 pm

OMG – So jealous!!

3. August 5, 2012 5:33 pm

Oh, this is amazing! I love London and envy ANYONE that has spare hours in their day to wander round there! Hope you enjoy your purchases, yum! x

• August 5, 2012 8:19 pm

We brought some of the cookies round to Trout’s families house – the kids loved them!

4. August 5, 2012 6:01 pm

Amazing finds! Kosher Kingdom is on my “to visit” list of London places which gets longer by the day :)

5. August 5, 2012 9:26 pm

I love Kosher Kingdom!! I bought loads of Tofurky last time I was there, I love the Hickory Smoked flavour. It looks like you grabbed an awesome selection of cookies and I’m excited to see they now have Toffuti pizzas. I can’t wait to go back!

6. August 6, 2012 8:35 pm

Omg! I need to go here! I love Tofurky and cuties!!

1. Vegan News @ KitaVeg.com » Kosher Kingdom – Vegan Paradise! « paperbagblog