Lying still in the grass and felt the heat from the ground

August 7, 2012

On Sunday Trout and I went to visit his family – it was so lovely to spend time with all of the kiddies! Sophia has grown so much since we last saw her – she can focus on people around her & follow you around with her eyes now. Jasmine is growing into the most wonderful little girl – she is so thoughtful & protective of her little sister, and so much fun to be around. She’s such a credit to Jenny, Trout’s sister.

I’m absolutely in love with the last photograph ♥ Trout’s such an amazing Uncle – super fun but keeps them in check!

Last night we sat on the sofa and did some more planning for the big America Roadtrip! I’m getting super excited now, it’s so close! In fact the next few weeks in general are pretty flippin’ exciting! I’ve got my birthday in less than 3 weeks, Laia is coming to visit (♥), we’re going to Kingston to see The Flatliners and then we’re off to the U S of A!! We’ve booked our accomodation for New York, & in the process of finding somewhere in LA through the same website. I organised our Visa’s (such a relief!) and this week I’m going to do more research about things to do while we’re in America, and fun places to eat. If you have any suggestions that would be great!

1. August 7, 2012 11:57 am

Aww such sweet photos :’) <3

2. August 7, 2012 12:18 pm

Awww the last photo is really cute <3
    Sounds like you have exciting times ahead lovie!! And as for planning your amazing road trip, well you know I have loads of places for NYC for you :) Recommended are Babycakes (no option here..you must go! The donuts are just…out. of. this. world!), Caravan of Dreams (such a nice atmosphere and amazing food – raw food platter with dips which Emma got was pretty much the best raw meal I've ever tasted), stop by One Lucky Duck for a raw treat…they are AMAZING, Candle 79 for a more classy venue, Angelica's Kitchen for a decent priced yummy meal – GET THE CORNBREAD!, Pure Food & Wine JUST for dessert – very posh there too but their raw desserts are insane – we had raw oreo ice cream and a raw tiramisu <3….then you've got Wholefoods, Trader Joe's and Westerley Natural Market for shopping and we didn't get chance to go there but also Fairway Market if you're in the area is supposed to be great. Sightseeing; Central Park, Times Square, Empire State is amazing at night, a helicopter flight is amazing to see the whole city! :) I doubt you'll get chance for all that but the key is to plan each day and make little routes to the places you want to go in each area :) Hope that helps lovie! <3 xx

• August 7, 2012 1:07 pm

You are AWESOME!! I’m going to look them all up this week – of course we are visiting Babycakes! And I think Candle 79 is on the list, too! x

3. August 7, 2012 12:55 pm

Lovely pics! You are going to have such a blast on your trip!

4. August 7, 2012 1:22 pm

I’m so excited for you!!! And I’m saying exactly the same as Titch on the recommendations – Babycakes and Caravan of Dreams and Pure Food and Wine were my faves :-) Ooh…and 1LD for some takeaway treats :-)

• August 7, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks darling! I’m going to be stalking both your blogs for inspiration and extra excitement!

5. August 7, 2012 1:52 pm

Can’t wait to hear all about your trip! Nicky has listed all the best in NYC in fact just reading her comment makes me desperate to go back!

• August 7, 2012 5:11 pm

I can’t wait to go!! Have you blogged about NYC before? I’m going to have a hunt through your blog this evening x

6. August 8, 2012 5:18 am

I love the last photo! It is so cute :)
    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

7. August 8, 2012 5:37 am

Hi Christina – I’m sorry, you’ve probably already explained this, but is your trip specifically (and only) NYC and LA? Just wondering what suggestions are relevant. And, how long will you be in each location?

• August 8, 2012 7:52 am

We’re in NY for 5 days and then fly to LA where we rent a car and drive around for 2 weeks – we’ll be in San Francisco, San Diego, Hollywood etc. Any suggestions would be fab!!

8. August 9, 2012 1:09 pm

I am in love with your hairhand – can I ask where you got it? You have such amazing style!