Vegan Food Swap – Month Two!

August 23, 2012

After the very first UK Vegan Food Swap, organised by the lovely To Happy Vegans, I was hooked! It’s so much fun to discover new products and to pick out things that you think people will like.

I was lucky enough to receive a parcel of goodies from Caroline at Tea and Sympatico – I was so happy with everything that I was sent! So many tasty things that I love (hello, Moo Free choccy!) and items that I had never heard of before (houmous crisps!!!) (and yes I went there – houmous on houmous action!). Trout was super excited about the bacon bits as we’ve been trying to find these for ages!

I loved the cute card!

As soon as I opened the box I dived into the houmous crisps, and when lunchtime came around I knew that we needed to have the bacon bits and roasted seeds on a tasty salad!

I also used the bacon bits in a recipe from Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites, to make Home Fries!

Here’s a peek at the parcel that I sent to Christine, my swapping partner. She sent a really lovely email when it arrived, and I’m so pleased that she liked her goodies!

If you haven’t signed up, there is still time! Just make sure you enter your details here before the 5th and you’ll be in vegan-heaven!

1. August 23, 2012 2:02 pm

uuuh, panda naturals are great! I purchased them at whole foods when I visited London last autumn and was so happy when I found out that our local vegan store actually imports them. You have to try the raspberry flavor – to die for! My boyfriend said they are better than Haribo ;)

• August 24, 2012 9:14 am

I love the raspberry flavour! I think I’ll share these with my Mum and Grandad, they both love panda liquorice!

2. August 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Looks like a fab swap!

3. August 23, 2012 2:20 pm

I love how you used these crunchy sprinkles…looks so delish! Im also dying to try this liquorice! Happy Wednesday (thursday!) =]

4. August 23, 2012 5:45 pm

That looks like a wonderful swap!

5. August 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Houmous chips? Where oh where would one find these wonders?

6. August 23, 2012 7:31 pm

What a lovely swap! Hummus crisps sound like heaven!

7. August 30, 2012 12:22 am