Our weekend

October 1, 2012

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a couple of photographs from our weekend, which mainly involved too many beers, plenty of good food with good friends, and spending some quality time with our city. We ate some delicious sushi at Oki-Nami (my new favourite restaurant), had cocktails with friends, went on a roadtrip to IKEA, drank far too many pints, ate a brilliant roast dinner and finally got around to cleaning the flat.

I can’t believe that it’s already October! I think that being away for almost the entire month of September has left me a little confused, but I am already thinking of Christmas and getting a tingle of excitement.

I am absolutely in love with this advent calendar, found on Bleubird’s blog. It seems fairly simple to put together, plus it could hold a combination of treats for me, Trout and Rasputin – as well as sweet, savoury and non-edible items. We already have an absolutely beautiful advent calendar but it never hurts to have two, right? We are also determined to finally send out Christmas cards this year, and I think they will feature a photograph of our little family ♥

How was your weekend? Are you starting to think about Christmas yet?

1. October 1, 2012 11:59 am

Glad you’ve had a nice weekend! That advent calendar looks lovely, I would love to make something like that :-) I am starting to think of Christmas now, I love it and I need to get myself financially sorted as well as looking at decorating our living room before then too!

• October 2, 2012 1:14 pm

Ooh busy busy! I need to spread the cost a bit this year so I don’t end up penniless!

2. October 1, 2012 12:49 pm

I have done about half my Christmas shopping at this point! I can’t really get excited about the day this year, the first without my festive loving Nan, but I am going to try to make it great!

• October 2, 2012 1:14 pm

Oh darling, just think how happy your Nan would be to see you celebrating in the same way she did. You’re so organised!!

3. October 1, 2012 4:39 pm

i can’t wait for christmas this year too:-) The first with our son, followed closely by my 30th birthday! I think you should definitely have two advent calendars – double the fun :-) x x x

4. October 1, 2012 8:20 pm

I’ve been thinking about Christmas since about June. I can’t wait! I know what I’m getting people, I just need to get around to getting it all. Your cat is adorable by the way.

5. Mark Sheldon permalink
    October 4, 2012 9:47 pm

Great pics…love the look on your cats face :)