Taking some time

December 6, 2012

Life around our appartment has been as hectic as ever lately. I’m still on the job search, which just makes me want to cry with frustration. My last date of employment here is looming ever closer, and as yet I’m not really getting anywhere. But I try to always make some time to sit and just relax in the morning, before the day begins. To spend time noticing the small details. Or at lunchtime – if I can go home and spend some time with Rasputin, it breaks up the day and I find it so calming. Or at night, if Trout has gone to the gym (that sweet, dedicated man ♥) and I  have the evening to myself. I’ve been enjoying wearing his pyjamas top lately (so comfortable!) (or is this a new low?).

This week we made Maple Spice’s ‘turkey’ deli slices, which was amazing! It’s so simple to make – if you have an evening free, enjoy this recipe.

1. December 6, 2012 4:02 pm

I often love those early mornings when everything is quiet, where you can evaluate life, everything that is going on etc. I really hope you start to move forward with the job search. It is never easy, but it is survival of the fittest, keep your chin up lady, you WILL get there.

p.s it is NEVER A NEW LOW ;)

Scribbs

2. December 6, 2012 5:23 pm

I am in LOVE with your shirt!

3. December 6, 2012 8:50 pm

Oh I miss Brighton! I’m sure that something will come up job wise but I do know how frustrating it can be. I get made officially redundant at the end of March but I’m hoping between all the things I’ve got going on I’ll manage, fun and games eh! That turkey looks fab, I need to make more seitan!

4. December 6, 2012 8:52 pm

Beautiful pictures as always. Good luck with the job hunt. Believe me I’ve been there.

5. December 7, 2012 7:51 am

Maple Spice’s ‘turkey’ deli slices sounds amazing!

6. Gae Matthews permalink
    December 7, 2012 6:40 pm

Keep positive about the job hunt and be determined. Thank you for your cheery posts that always make me smile.

1. Tell me, what is the recipe | paperbagblog