A few resolutions

January 3, 2013

Sorry I’ve been a little absent over the last few days or so – what with Christmas and then spending New Years in Hamburg* I’ve only been able to have scheduled blog posts pop up here and there – but now I have some more time to sit down, sip some coffee and write something more personal. (*I’ll be posting some more about Hamburg later in the week.)

After looking through my roundup of 2011, and thinking back over 2012, I realised that I did have a few resolutions that I wanted to make. Things to improve, things to continue with and things to stop doing!

Exercise – I definitely need to be exercising more. I’ve been browsing dance classes which are held in Brighton every week – I really want to get more active and a little bit fitter, whilst having fun. I also need to get back into yoga. Plus, hopefully this will help me stress less!

Blogging – Continue to grow and spend more time on paperbagblog. Take better photographs, write better content and consider taking on sponsors. I also want to take part in the ‘Photo per Hour’ challenge!

Reading & Writing – This sounds so stupid for a writer – but I just don’t seem to find the time to read! Of course I am addicted to reading blogs, and I do find the time to flick through my favourite magazines – but actual books? This needs to change. I do write daily – numerous times a day – but I want to write more.

Eating & Drinking – Less chocolate, more home-made raw treats, and much less drinking! I really want to use my cookbooks more, too.

Explore & Inspire – Walk around, get out of my comfort zone, explore my surroundings and dream more. Go to the cinema more often. Go to more galleries. Be more spontaneous.

Save & Spend – Spend less money on random clothes and more on items which will last me years. I’ve never really been one to buy anything too wild or pricey, but I can sometimes buy cheapy items which inevitably go straight to the charity shop via a few months in my wardrobe – sometimes still with their tags on. I also need to save more money – my savings account is embarrassingly empty, so once I’ve got myself on track I’m going to start filling that back up again.

How is 2013 treating you so far? Did you write any resolutions this year?

1. January 3, 2013 7:37 pm

I think these are great resolutions, I can definitely relate to a lot of them – the spending and saving one certainly. I think I’ve bought so much in the sales I need not look in a shop for at least a year! Looking forward to hearing about your NY in Hamburg!

2. January 3, 2013 9:54 pm

Not so much resolutions but challenges/missions. I have cleared out my wardrobe, have my bag ready for the charity shop and photos taken for dresses to go on eBay. Want to save for some work to be done on the flat and lose that last bit of weight before Jamaica in May.

3. January 4, 2013 12:54 am

I feel the same about reading. I can write and read blogs but books? Psh! My aunt gave the Actor and me this 600+ page book for Christmas and we’ve decided to read it together so that’ll help.

• January 5, 2013 12:36 pm

Wowza, 600+ pages is quite a challenge!

• January 5, 2013 9:00 pm

I wanted to read Les Mis but that’s 1200 pages. I don’t think I’ll be tackling that for a while.

4. January 4, 2013 9:53 am

I always make resolutions! This year I’m dedicated my life to focusing on the stuff I’ve been meaning to do for years but never did – and not let new adventures distract me.

• January 5, 2013 12:37 pm

Oh but new adventures can be so fun! It’s really satisfying to get things you’ve been meaning to do for ages done, though.

5. January 5, 2013 11:33 am

Great resolutions sweetie! I’m with you on yoga and cookbook-using! :-) I’ve also started a random scrapbook where I stick/write things that inspire me and make me smile :-)

6. January 6, 2013 5:54 pm

Dance classes – I dance with Street Funk each Thursday (not that you’d know by any of the moves I was pulling on NYE). It’s lots of fun and you need no skill at all. Hayley also runs DanceFit on Mondays and Wednesday (http://www.facebook.com/pages/DanceFit/230205017035431?fref=ts) although I haven’t been to that yet as she’s only started it since my knee was recovering. I might go tomorrow night for the first time if you fancy it!

1. The Alpro #Deskfest Challenge – Day Two « paperbagblog