The Alpro #Deskfest Challenge – Day Two

January 15, 2013

I’ve got a meeting this morning and as I’m not sure what the vegan options will be like, how healthy they will be, or how long the meeting will run on for – I’m going to come prepared! I’ve got my coffee to set me up for the walk and I’ve made an energy-packed breakfast to keep me going.

To keep up with one of my resolutions I’ve put together some raw energy balls, inspired once again by my favourite cake; carrot cake. These are really simple and quick to put together – you can prepare them the night before, or in a few minutes while you’re brewing your morning coffee!

Raw Carrot Cake Balls
makes around 8 balls

1/2 cup of oats
1/2 a decent sized carrot
6 or 7 dates
cinnamon and vanilla to taste
Alpro vanilla pouring yogurt

Blitz all of the ingredients (apart from the yogurt) up in a blender until it becomes a sticky mess.
Scoop out and roll into balls, and then roll these balls into a sprinkling of oats.
Pop your raw balls into a bowl and when ready to eat, pour on some Alpro pouring yogurt.

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you might remember that I’m in love with Alpro vanilla pouring yogurt

It goes perfectly with this recipe – the creamy yogurt adds subtle sweetness and moisture to the carrot cake balls. I’ve packed everything up in my trusty tiffin box and tupperware (both in super practical sizes!) so I can enjoy my breakfast when I get to my meeting.

Have you ever tried raw foods for breakfast? Have you tried Alpro pouring yogurt?

1. January 15, 2013 8:12 am

Oooh yummy. I love the look of these, especially topped with yog. My Mum is a little obsessed with the vanilla alpro, I’m more of a plain girl :) All your containers are super cute too.

• January 15, 2013 6:31 pm

I am absolutely in lurve with the vanilla! The plain is great for savoury dishes, for me.

2. January 15, 2013 10:11 am

I love that little blue pot! I haven’t tried pouring yogurt, I tend to stick to greek! Those balls sound yummy, I might have to give them a go!

3. January 15, 2013 11:35 am

I absolutely love Alpro pouring yogurt, although my local Waitrose have stopped stocking it for some reason….slightly gutted! I also love your blue tin, so cute!

4. January 15, 2013 12:37 pm

The raw carrot cake looks really good! I eat mostly raw, but the sweets I’ve tried are usually so fussy and just taste like dates.

• January 15, 2013 6:32 pm

I put fairly big chunks of date in (otherwise the carrot flavour is a little strong) – maybe sweeten them with less date and a little orange juice?

5. January 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Eeee go raw!! :) They sound amazing lovie…think you’ve just inspired me to use up that bag of carrots I have lying around although I’m thinking of adding walnuts and coconut ;) Your little blue pot is GORGEOUS – where’s that from?!

6. January 15, 2013 6:51 pm

I LOVE the tiffin tin.

7. January 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Yum! I want!

8. Petu permalink
    January 16, 2013 7:15 am

Raw veggies for breakfast are the best! And your recipe and containers, superb!!!

9. January 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Alpro pouring yoghurt is the best! I love the vanilla flavour, it’s so delicious and I know they use real vanilla because it has little black specks of vanilla. So great on granola or fruit!