The Alpro #Deskfest Challenge – Day Three

January 16, 2013

Sometimes I wake up feeling like I need something really simple and clean for breakfast, but which will also fill me up and hydrate me. Hello smoothie! I almost never make smoothies – they are always the last thing on my mind, and I always think they take far longer to make than they actually do (I know, I’m a stupid head!). This creamy, fruity smoothie hit the spot thanks to the addition of Alpro Almond Milk – I might make a belated new years resolution: MAKE MORE SMOOTHIES!

Blueberry & Banana Smoothie
makes enough for 2 glasses

1 banana
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of Alpro Almond Milk
Vanilla extract
6 or so ice cubes

Blitz all of the ingredients together until you have a smoothie!

I enjoyed this glass of goodness with a handful of almonds for some crunchy vitamins, and to match the nutty flavour of the smoothie.

Do you make smoothies yourself? What’s your favourite flavour?
Have you tried any Alpro milk in a smoothie?

1. January 16, 2013 3:11 pm

I absolutely love smoothies, this one looks great! I usually go for a standard banana-strawberry combo, but in the summer if I want a refreshing drink I’ll use frozen mixed berries and apple juice. Delicious!

• January 16, 2013 6:48 pm

I’m the same! I really want to start using more frozen berries – especially blackberries! I saw a recipe for a peanut butter smoothie (this is more of a dessert…!) which sounds amazing!

2. January 16, 2013 3:22 pm

I love how almond milk gives smoothies a more creamier texture.

3. January 16, 2013 4:47 pm

You know me and smoothies – I’m addicted!

4. January 17, 2013 5:42 am

I love smoothies so much! Gotta try out Alpro milk very soon. Thanks for sharing x

5. January 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Your smoothie picture looks clean, light and lovely – just like the smoothie itself. It makes me want to drink it and feel cleansed, light and airy! :-)