The Alpro #Deskfest Challenge – Waffle Friday!

January 18, 2013

IMG_6450_zpsf28664ec

Boy, it’s been a long week, and you deserve a treat. This waffle recipe is just perfect for that – sweet, satisfying and like a plate of ginger luxury! The great thing about waffles is that you can make a big batch at the weekend, pop them into individual freezer bags and then once you get to work you can pop them into the toaster to heat them through! I love having a good drizzles of maple syrup on top – but you could also spread peanut butter on top, make a strawberry sauce to splash onto them or warm up some berries in the microwave to serve on the side.

IMG_6448_zps4355f8d2

3 tbsp ginger, grated
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice

In a large mixing bowl combine the milk, vinegar, oil, molasses, brown sugar, vanilla, and ginger, and whisk together with a fork. Mix until the molasses have mostly dissolved. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix together until smooth. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and cook waffles according to manufacturer’s directions. Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup, and a mug of coffee with a splash of hazelnut milk.

If you don’t have a waffle iron – I believe that this recipe can also be used to make pancakes! I haven’t tested this theory, but let me know if you do and whether it works or needs adjusting!

IMG_6479_2_zps98b26b25

What’s your favourite waffle recipe? Do you have a waffle iron?

1. January 18, 2013 12:30 pm

DELICIOUS!!! I’d love a waffle iron but think I’d probably turn into a waffle if I bought one! hehee! love the idea of ginger waffles :-)

• January 20, 2013 6:09 pm

I go through phases with mine – it’s so fun to use on a special weekend or when guests stay over!

2. January 18, 2013 1:11 pm

Oh. my. god!!!!! You have just made me incredibly jealous!!! Gingerbread and waffles COMBINED?! *swoooon* I don’t have a waffle iron but I could definitely make pancakes tomorrow…yesss! :)

• January 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Let me know if you do make pancakes and whether this recipe works for both!

3. January 18, 2013 2:42 pm

I don’t have a waffle maker, but this recipe makes me want to go out and get one! Yum.

4. January 18, 2013 5:36 pm

I don’t have a waffle maker, but now you have me wanting one!

5. January 18, 2013 5:43 pm

I don’t have a waffle maker but I know someone who does. I guess I’ll have to get out of bed now.

6. January 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Yum, those look fabulous. Now I really miss my waffle iron. Mine is at home and I’m at university at the moment :(

1. AlproAM pt.2: Smoothie Central | paperbagblog