My life is grounded in a firm routine of coffee, sleep and work

February 7, 2013

Last week I was kindly sent some coffee from Whittard – I think it must be completely clear just how much I love coffee, on this little blog of mine?! – and I tried my first cup this morning. Holy YUM it was good! I wasn’t really sure what to expect, as if I’m honest I don’t entirely know what makes a coffee a breakfast coffee (does anyone?) but it was so smooth and filled with flavour – swoon. I enjoyed a cup with a little milk and a cinnamon & raisin bagel, the perfect start to the day.

The lovely people of Whittard also sent me another pouch of coffee and a tub of caramel hot chocolate, so I will let you know what they are like as soon as I try them. They label their hot chocolate products as suitable for vegans, which I think is absolutely brilliant! They also make a Crème Brûlée flavour which is vegan – now that sounds good!

Today is filled with more job-hunting, picking up a bag that I left with my favourite shoe guy to repair and I’ve got soup-run in the evening. I think I’ll squeeze in a work-out and some yoga too, as I haven’t done any exercise other than walking since… hmm let’s not think about that actually. I really hope that this sunshine lasts, it looks so beautiful outside (although I suspect it is a little nippy-noodles). I think I might take my notebook down to my favourite coffee shop and do some writing, and maybe even finish reading that library book that I borrowed back in January….

What are your plans for today? Have you tried Whittard’s coffee or hot chocolate?

1. February 7, 2013 11:17 am

Caramel hot chocolate sounds amazing!!

2. February 7, 2013 2:17 pm

I am new to the world of coffee, I only ever used to drink it with loads of milk, and loads of sweet syrup. But after starting o drink it black I’ve turned into a bit of an addict, and this world of coffee is very exciting, I’m loving exploring new types!

• February 8, 2013 8:53 am

I started by drinking milky lattes, and it’s only been the last 2-3 years that I’ve started drinking Americano with just a splash of soya milk. I’m completely in love with coffee, sigh. I definitely recommend Whittard coffee!

3. February 7, 2013 6:46 pm

mmm looks so good.

4. February 7, 2013 8:34 pm

So awesome that their hot chocolate is vegan! I am a coffee lover completely, my fave is an organic Ethiopian dark roast and of course at the moment I am loving it blended with coconut oil :-)

5. February 7, 2013 8:50 pm

That is good news! There’s a Whittards on the high street so I’ll definitely have to pay a visit. I still haven’t got into coffee even after living in Paris for several months so I think I’m destined to be a herbal tea (and hot chocolate) girl!

• February 8, 2013 8:52 am

I’m dying to try the hot chocolate – waiting for the right cosy afternoon, maybe at the weekend!

6. February 8, 2013 12:06 am

Whittards Banoffee Hot Choc is a firm favourite of mine, they’re stuff is fab! Your breakfast is giving me such food envy right now…. xx

7. February 8, 2013 5:48 pm

nothing better than a good cup of coffee!

1. Lost in a February song | paperbagblog