It doesn’t interest me

February 12, 2013

Life lately has included job-hunting, interviews, writing, reading beautiful words and listening to Fiona Apple live on repeat. I’m also trying to avoid anything pancake-related – I know I’m in the minority, but they really make me feel sick just thinking about them! I don’t mind thick American-style pancakes, but I cannot bare crepes or thin pancakes or anything of the sort.

Sometimes I just need to look through some really old photographs of Rasputin when he was a kitten, because really it makes the day a little easier. Gosh, he was so tiny and sweet back then. Look how big his ears are! He’s sleeping next to me at the end of the sofa, in almost the same position, and it’s pretty much the cutest comparison ever.

We’re going to see Frightened Rabbit tonight, and I’m so excited. I’ve never seen them before, and I can only imagine how good they are going to be live.

How is your Tuesday going? Are you celebrating Pancake Day today?

1. February 12, 2013 12:32 pm

AWWWWHHH kitten photos just make me so happy <3 I always look back at mine and wish they were that size again when they can sit in the palm of your hand, so adorable!! We're getting a new one this year hopefully squeeee! Meh, I didn't bother with pancakes today. I don't really ever have them anymore, probably been well over a year and a half since I had one! I thought I might make an exception to make them today but I just don't fancy them like always! I'll stick have more than normal chocolate for my Fat Tuesday ;P

2. February 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Kitten Rasputin is GORGEOUS, I consider myself more of a dog person but this is seriously swaying me haha! Ah, Fiona Apple, I will never tire of hearing your incredible music. Serious ear therapy, right there. Thanks for a great post! x

www,aspaceforlovely.wordpress.com

• February 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Thankyou darling! I was totally a dog person, until we got Rasputin, and now I’m both :)

3. February 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Ah, that quote is beautiful.

How’s the job hunt going? Have there been any interviews that you particularly enjoyed or are keeping your fingers crossed for? I had a job interview the other day, and wow. I forgot how tiring that whole process is – applying, interviewing, and waiting (and waiting and waiting) for a response. I couldn’t help but think of you. I was getting so anxious and nervous over this one job and probably got my hopes up too high. So, I’ve been trying to remind myself that things usually happen for a reason, and eventually the right job will come along. And it’ll be worth the wait!

Rasputin is too cute. I’m not even a cat person and I’m swooning. :)

Before you give up on pancakes completely, I highly recommend you try banana pancakes (American style!). In my book, they can’t be beat.

x

• February 13, 2013 4:35 pm

I’m kind of getting into a good routine in terms of job hunting, and at times I can be a little nervous about interviews but I try to put it into perspective and decide whether the company suits me, and whether I suit the company. Good luck with your job search! Remember to apply for as much as possible x

4. February 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Today is pancake day? Good thing I haven’t had breakfast yet!
    Ras is so cute. I love the quote. I hope the job hunt ends for you soon.

5. February 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Love that quote! Can’t believe you don’t like pancakes, I like all types!

6. February 17, 2013 11:54 am

Awww that first piece of writing is just beautiful. One of the nicest things I’ve read xx

1. Lost in a February song | paperbagblog