Friday, Friday

March 4, 2013

As part of my countdown to returning to work, my parents came down for a spot of lunch and Brighton-browsing on Friday afternoon. We went to one of my favourite pubs, the Earth & Stars, as I had only ever been there for a Sunday roast and they have a great menu during the week with plenty of vegan options. I picked the mushroom & aubergine burger and my parents both had beer-battered fish & chips, which they raved about! I was a little disappointed with my burger; it was quite dry and lacking in flavour but the tomato chutney it came with was pretty good, and it was great to spend some time with my parents.

We decided to walk off our lunch with a civilised tour of one of the most amazing buildings in Brighton; the Pavillion. So beautiful! I am ashamed to say that after 11 years of visiting Brighton, and 2.5 years living here, I have never been before! Shocking, I know. I would love to have dined at one of their grand tables, followed by a spot of dancing in the Music Room. The guest room had the most amazing bed, with about 8 mattresses! I would feel like the princess and the pea sleeping on that bed, I don’t think I would be able to get up in the morning.

After we had (kind of) walked off our lunch we popped into Infinity Cafe for an afternoon of coffee and cake. Infinity is probably my favourite place to get cake in Brighton – the cafe is so nice to relax in, all of their cakes are vegan (well, they were on Friday anyway), they have gluten-free options and really good coffee. Perfect! We picked a cake each and shared them all into three so we got to try them all. I was SO stuffed, but they were all delicious; an apple crumble cake, a chocolate gâteaux and a chocolate & vanilla cheesecake. Phew! We rolled our way back to my flat for some kitty cuddles before they headed home. The perfect way to spend a day off, in my opinion!

It’s my first day in my new job today and I’m super excited! Thankfully Rasputin let me sleep last night (I think he was pretty tired after being played with all weekend) and I woke up to blue skies and sunshine. Amazing!

How was your weekend? Have you visited Brighton, or the Pavilion before?

1. March 4, 2013 8:56 am

I love Brighton! I’m so jealous, I wish I lived there (I might one day :)) I visit at least once a year – infinity cake is the best!

2. Jessica permalink
    March 4, 2013 9:15 am

Sounds like you had a lovely day! Hope that happy buzz has carried through the weekend for your first day. Looking forward to hearing all about it! Jess

3. March 4, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks for sharing your exciting adventures and news, good luck with your new job :-)

4. March 4, 2013 11:20 am

I hope today goes super well for you! xx

5. March 4, 2013 12:15 pm

Good luck at your new job! Just so you know, the links for your pictures seem to be broken!

6. March 4, 2013 1:14 pm

That sounds like a perfect day with your family :-)

7. Nicky @kabochafashionista permalink
    March 4, 2013 1:34 pm

Awwh sounds like such a nice family day <3 8 matresses?! That's insane..but kinda fun hehe :P I WILL visit Brighton one day!! Hope your new job is going okay today :)

8. March 4, 2013 4:15 pm

Your pictures aren’t showing up! Darn. They’re all Photobucket messages. Hmmmm..

9. March 4, 2013 4:23 pm

Some of the pictures are Photobucket messages, just so you’re aware. Good luck today!!

10. March 4, 2013 8:20 pm

That sounds like such a lovely day!! I’ve been to Brighton several times but never in the Pavillion! Did you have to buy a ticket or pre-book to go in there? It sounds great! How was your first day at work? :)

• March 5, 2013 6:14 pm

No, we just turned up on the day and it was really quiet – but it was a Friday. I think for the weekend you might need to pre-book!

11. March 5, 2013 9:01 am

Ah your pics aren’t showing, but I do love the Pavilion! I went when I was little but definitely would like to visit again :-)

• March 5, 2013 6:13 pm

They should all be showing up now – you should definitely pop along next time you’re in town!

12. March 5, 2013 1:28 pm

Hope your first day went well!

1. March | paperbagblog