Kingston Day

April 8, 2013

On Saturday we took a spontaneous trip to Kingston, my soulmate city II. I will always have a soft spot for this place – I was born in Kingston, moving away when I was six years old, and came back when I was 21 for University. I’ve met some of my best friends in this city – and learnt so much in such a short amount of time.

Trout hired a car for the weekend, so we drove down on Saturday afternoon so that he could watch football and I could catch up with a sweet friend. We had lunch in one of my favourite cafes – it makes the best.sandwiches.ever. Seriously – if you’re ever anywhere near Kingston, you have to try this place. It’s incredible. Lunch was followed by some window-shopping, time spent at the riverside, and coffee at my favourite coffee shop in the world. This cafe has a huge place in my heart – there is nothing particularly special about it. It sits just enough on the granny-side to be cosy, with the coffee being supplied by Costa to make it really delicious. I came here almost everyday for three years – alone, with friends, to pick up a takeaway. As soon as we walked in, the owner remembered us. He asked if I was still studying, where I was living, and he remembered my order. THIS is why you support local businesses.

Have you ever been to Kingston? Have you eaten at The Terrace?

1. April 8, 2013 10:21 am

Kingston looks beautiful! Sounds like you had a lovely day xo

2. laia permalink
    April 8, 2013 10:31 am

So jealous. I really wish I had been there!x

3. April 8, 2013 1:56 pm

Mmm that sandwich looks good! So sweet that he remembered your order too

4. April 8, 2013 2:09 pm

Had a super fun day lady! So glad the sun had put his hat on too! Can’t wait to come see you in Brighton soon (and Mary’s excited too BROOOOM)

5. April 8, 2013 4:55 pm

You make me so excited to move! I love you and your blog =] x

6. April 8, 2013 5:09 pm

What a great post! I love that feeling of going into a cafe or store and the owners or staff remembering you and chatting to you. It’s one of my favourite things about Brighton, it might be a city but it often feels like a village.

7. April 8, 2013 6:18 pm

I love your photography! I’ve never been to Kingston but it looks lovely!

8. April 8, 2013 9:10 pm

Hey! :)
    I love Kingston too, I worked there during a couple of my uni years :)
    I’ve never been to the terrace eatery but i’ll remember to look out for it next time i go!
    Which sarnie do you recommend?

• April 10, 2013 9:41 am

The Med every time! It’s houmous, roasted peppers, basil, olive and rocket – get it on rustic brown. It’s awesome!

9. April 9, 2013 1:44 pm

This looks absolutely beautiful

tia-cherie.blogspot.com

10. April 17, 2013 11:16 pm

I live in Kingston and my favourite sandwich shop is Orinidi’s deli – round the corner from the uni. I always walk past The Terrace and think it looks lovely there so must pop in soon!

• April 18, 2013 7:23 am

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten at Orinidi’s – but I know the one you mean. You have to try The Terrace, it’s so good!

1. But there’s April in my heart again | paperbagblog