Sunday Funday

April 12, 2013

Last Sunday we decided to make the most of still having the hire car, and drove up to Lewes for a walk along the Downs, a pub lunch and a trip to Middle Farm. The weather was so nice – not exactly April-expected temperatures but the sun was shining brightly and it felt warm as we walked and hung out with some animals.

It was so much fun to escape Brighton for most of the weekend. I love this city, it totally has my heart, but sometimes we don’t really leave other than to head up to London. Because we don’t have a car, we don’t have the opportunity to spontaneously pop to Lewes or Kingston. I’m sure one day we will have a car, but at the moment we really don’t need one.

I definitely recommend visiting The Snowdrop Inn if you’re ever in the area. It’s such a beautiful pub with really friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere – plus the food is incredible.

Do you ever have days out in the countryside? Have you visited Middle Farm?

1. April 12, 2013 12:23 pm

James and I went to Lewes when we were in Brighton last but we didn’t see it at its best unfortunately as it was chucking down! Looking forward to a return visit next time x

2. April 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Looks like such a wonderful day! :-)

3. April 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Love the cow picture. It definitely looks like a sunday funday. :)

4. Martin Porter permalink
    April 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Lovely write up! As an en ex resident of Brighton and a current inhabitant of Lewes, I can see the attractions of both places
    I only have issue with one point. We are only 10 minutes away by train, so there’s no need for the car?
    I can recommend the walk either from Brighton to Lewes along Juggs road, or the reverse. Gives you a good opportunity to pop into the Juggs inn in Kingston. ;-)

• April 13, 2013 5:05 pm

I do visit Lewes quite often by train (don’t think I would walk it!) but wouldn’t get the chance to visit places like Middle Farm without a car – sometimes it’s nice to spend the whole weekend away :)

5. April 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Looks like an amazing day! Gorgeous photos too x

6. April 16, 2013 5:26 pm

I love Middle Farm and the photos of the pig made me smile :) – the photo of the delicious meal on the other hand has made me ravenous xx

1. But there’s April in my heart again | paperbagblog