Some photographs from the last few weeks

April 19, 2013

Life lately has involved celebrating Trout’s birthday with a bedroom filled with balloons and a burrito for dinner. We had burritos before his main birthday present – we went to see Spamalot, at the Playhouse Theatre near Charing Cross – it was really funny! There was snow at Easter (this weather sure is crazy) and I went to the private view of Fabrica’s newest exhibition. Although I didn’t really like the concept of the work, there was something so important and beautiful about the installation – such a strange, amazing atmosphere. And of course there has been plenty of beer – I love going to different pubs in Brighton, there is so much independently produced beer. Trout and I met a friend at my favourite curry house in Brighton. The food was delicious, but coupled with a lack of sleep the night before, and a generous amount of beer, I could have fallen asleep at the table!

Last Sunday I set the table for some friends coming round for breakfast – we made breakfast burritos, and they were so good. As you can probably tell, we love burritos. Rasputin has been enjoying the sunshine, and I soaked it up whilst watching the Brighton marathon. I bought a bright new nail polish to try and encourage spring to arrive – it hasn’t really worked, but the colour makes me happy. As does a new discovery – fried beancurd cubes! So darn good.

How have you been lately? Do you love burritos, too?

1. April 19, 2013 10:48 am

Looks like a great couple of weeks :) Where’s your favourite curry house out of interest? Bella x

• April 22, 2013 11:54 am

It’s Raj Pavilion on Preston Road. The staff are great and the food is so good!

2. April 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Around here, burritos are just another food group for me & J. Burritos for breakfast one day, burritos for lunch the next, and hey! How about a burrito for dinner? Hehe.

A friend of mine recently visited family in Brighton and instead of coming home and telling me about her family, she went on about all the pubs :) Now I want to visit!

• April 22, 2013 11:56 am

There are so many pubs! Apparently it’s because there used to be a law that there had to be 1 pub per 900 people, and most of those still stand. There are 11 within less than a 5 mins walk from our flat, haha!

3. April 19, 2013 7:52 pm

I saw that first picture and was like, “BALLOONS!!” I’m just a little kid at heart.

4. amy permalink
    April 19, 2013 10:40 pm

You eat so much delicious food! You make being a vegan look easy.

5. April 20, 2013 3:24 pm

love the nail colour….I’m in pink mode at the moment! Hehee I can just imagine you snoozing at the curry house :-)