Saturday at the market

April 22, 2013

Wowza, the weather was nice at the weekend! Blue skies, a light breeze – I even went out without a coat on! Around midday I popped down to visit the Brighton Farmers Market. It’s a new market which will be held every 3rd Saturday of the month in a disused bus lane at the Old Steine. It was such a great location, and brilliant to see so many companies being given the opportunity to sell their local produce.

I had a browse around before wondering through the Laines and then heading home for a belated lunch, and to hang out with Ras and Trout. I was a little hungover on Saturday – which wasn’t really fair as I had very little to drink the night before! I put this down to not drinking any water from 5pm-1am and dancing my little socks off with friends. Totally worth it, even though I wanted to nap for most of the day.

After a spot of boy-shopping (not shopping for an actual boy, shopping for boy-clothes…!) we headed down to Boho Gelato to finally meet a friend that I had known for around five years online, but had never met in real-life! We tucked into some amazing vegan ice-cream – they recently collaborated with Small Batch to make some coffee-flavoured ice-cream, and (lucky for me!) they have made a dairy-free flavour! It was so good! Strong, but just delicious.

How was your Saturday? Did you enjoy the sunshine?

1. April 22, 2013 12:13 pm

That sounds like my ideal weekend! As for the hangover, you have hit the nail on the head: the dehydration will account for most of that. I once woke up dizzy, nauseous and achey exactly like a hangover even though I hadn’t touched alcohol for the best part of a year – downed a pint of water and felt almost instantly better :)

• April 25, 2013 9:40 am

It’s crazy how awful you can feel just because you haven’t drunk as much water as usual!

2. April 22, 2013 3:01 pm

GIRL, you half kill me everytime you post pictures of anything Brighton related. Im itching to sell our house and come and live down there….it sounds so fantastic! xx

• April 25, 2013 9:41 am

You’ll be enjoying it soon, too! Can’t wait to see how many beautiful photographs you will take!

3. April 22, 2013 4:21 pm

How fun! Saturday Markets are just the best. They have the same effect as Christmas – everyone is instantly happier. And when there’s gelato involved, come on. Best day ever.

4. April 22, 2013 4:54 pm

That looks like a lovely farmers market! Also need to visit Boho Gelato – yum!

5. April 22, 2013 9:04 pm

It looks like a fab market! You now have me craving gelato!!

6. April 23, 2013 3:52 am

That looks like a wonderful Saturday

7. April 23, 2013 4:14 pm

That looks like such a great day, I’ve just checked and I’ll be in Brighton for the next one, yey! Looking forward to going back to Boho :-)