Sunday in the sunshine

May 5, 2013

Last Sunday Trout and I decided to make the most of the almost-warm weather and take the bus up to Devil’s Dyke to enjoy the almost-sunshine! It was so nice to get out of the house and spend some time together. The views were incredible, and we ended up at a really lovely pub for lunch afterwards.

I found it really hard to balance on those beams – however show-off pants Trout managed it everytime! Anyway, look how good our lunch was!? Falafel, smashed chickpea dip, pitta bread, olives, sweet potato wedges, warm bread and dipping oil, fries and beer. Perfect! We were determined to sit outside and enjoy one of the warmest days of the year so far, before heading home to pick up the newspapers and have a snooze on the sofa.

Today I’m off to cover the Beer & Ale Festival at the Sussex County Cricket Club for work. I won’t be drinking but I’m looking forward to checking out lots of independent brewers and watching some cricket. I’m so looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow!

How is your bank-holiday weekend going? Any plans for today or tomorrow?

1. May 5, 2013 4:31 pm

Such beautiful pictures of the landscape. Looks like a great day out!

2. May 5, 2013 4:44 pm

THese are such gorgeous photos! xo

3. Ida permalink
    May 6, 2013 11:36 am

Looks like a lovely day out! x

4. May 6, 2013 3:11 pm

I love Devils Dyke, my aunt always takes us up there for a walk when we visit, its so beautiful :-)

5. May 7, 2013 8:28 pm

These pictures are fantastic! What lovely countryside. We’re heading to my family’s lake house this weekend for a little mini getaway and I am so looking forward to escaping Chicago’s concrete jungle for some green pastures!

xx,
    eileen

6. May 8, 2013 10:59 pm

Ahh Devils Dyke brings back so many memories for me. We haven’t gone up there in a while, but for years my family and I would walk along there on a Sunday with our dog Fred and then head to the Shephard and Dog in Fulking, before it became a bit too gastro-pubby or the Royal Oak in Poynings. Where did you eat? xx

• May 12, 2013 11:09 am

It would be the perfect place to go for a long walk with a doggy! We ate at the Devil’s Dyke Hotel which is right by the bus stop – I couldn’t walk too far so we walked for a while and then headed back. Trout’s been to the Royal Oak, I think? He said it was lovely!

1. The lusty month of May | paperbagblog