Easy like Sunday morning

May 13, 2013

On Sunday morning Trout and I were up bright and early, as per usual at the moment. Kind of too early (hello 6am) but I like making the most of the weekends and I’m a bit of an early bird. Trout was catching up on the day before’s F1 qualifying so I caught up with last week’s Made in Chelsea, before we headed downstairs for some breakfast and then got on with our days.

Rasputin came and hung out with us while we had our brekka. I love this shot of him – belly-up, swatting an imaginary enemy, his little bunny feet in the air. This cat sure knows how to be cute, even if he doesn’t realise it.

After that nonsense I popped on a pair of my favourite sandals – their first trip out this year – and they made me happy. I went to town to run a few errands, and bought this beautiful giant coaster from Tiger, it was only £2! I love the drawing.

I stopped to take some photographs of a blossom tree – I walk past this tree everyday and it makes me smile. Everyday I think to myself, I should stop and take a photo – but there is always something that stops me. Other people standing underneath taking photos, I’m rushing to work, I’m not in the mood. But today I finally got around to taking some photos – so I’ve posted most of them here to celebrate that, haha.

When I was finished in town I snuck into my favourite coffee shop for a soy cappuccino, some paper-reading, people-watching and a relaxing half-an-hour. It’s so beautiful inside, with amazing coffee. I love all the special coffee contraptions.

So that was my Sunday! I’ve got a What I Ate Wednesday post lined up this week which will fill in the gaps with my meals, so keep an eye out for that!

How was your weekend? What did you get up to?

1. May 13, 2013 8:06 am

So many pretty things in this post! I love those sandals! I really need some new shoes but am so picky and excluding leather means it’s even harder to find ones I like..

• May 15, 2013 9:40 am

I know – I don’t wear leather either, but I find that it just makes shoe-shopping cheaper! I tend to stick to the highstreet and can find pretty much all of the styles I’m looking for there!

2. May 13, 2013 9:09 am

That cherry tree is stunning and I love your shoes!

3. May 13, 2013 9:57 am

That coffee shop looks great – what’s it called? Will have to pop in on my next trip to Brighton!

• May 15, 2013 9:42 am

It’s Small Batch CC – the Jubilee Street branch :) They have a few dotted around Brighton and Hove.

4. May 13, 2013 1:22 pm

those are gorgeous sandals, I don’t want to think about how freezing your feet were though! x

5. May 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Please send some of the lovely weather Brighton has been having up to Cheshire, its so cold and rainy/windy here! I also love your sandals =] xx

• May 15, 2013 9:43 am

It’s so horrible here now! And no good prospects for the weekend either :( x

6. May 13, 2013 3:30 pm

you’re killin it in those sandals! what a great find. (also, that coaster!)

saturday used to be my favorite day of the week, but I think sunday has taken it’s place. there’s something so slow and easy-going about a sunday that I just love.

• May 15, 2013 9:46 am

I like Saturday because it’s like the whole weekend is ahead of you, but Sunday is great for relaxing!

7. May 13, 2013 5:25 pm

that cat is just darling!

8. May 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Yay for blooms and sandals! Are they comfy? I’ve been pining away for a pair. At first I thought yours were Saltwaters but now I’m not sure. Mind sharing the brand? I love them!

• May 15, 2013 9:49 am

They’re so comfy! They’re from Dorothy Perkins – I bought them because they look so similar to Saltwaters! Though they really will never last as long…