WIAW – The first in months!

May 15, 2013

When I realised that my last What I Ate Wednesday post was AUGUST (!!!) I immediately started putting something together. I’m definitely going to (try) to take part more often – maybe alternate between Wednesday Wishes and WIAW. It kind of made me sad looking back on all my old eats, and how dull and salad-filled they were. Hopefully going forward they will be a lot more fun!

These are my meals and snacks from Sunday – a whole day of relaxing, which was amazing! I didn’t have any plans and I was very pleased about this, so I spent the morning relaxing with a little pampering, followed by shopping and coffee, lunch with Trout, an afternoon of blog reading, writing, Dog the Bounty Hunter and Come Dine With Me, napping and ending the day with dinner and cleaning the flat. Not too shabby!

Let’s begin with breakfast. Trout and I were up at 6am (fun!) so by 8am we were pretty hungry. I cracked open a tub of Jus Rol croissants, poured some orange juice and made a big mug of coffee. I enjoyed a couple of croissants with the sun pouring through the window.

Later in the morning I popped out to get a few things in town, and took some photographs. I couldn’t help stopping at my favourite coffee shop for a soy cappuccino and a relaxing read of the newspapers.

I got home and Trout made my favourite lunch; a reuben! With a side of Popchips. Delish! The reuben had russian dressing, saurkraut, vegan pepperoni, garlic sausage, and cheese.

Later in the afternoon I snacked on an apple and a handful of carob raisins – so yummy!

Come dinner time I was totally craving spicy paprika wedges with a big dollop of vegan mayonnaise – so that’s exactly what I made. I didn’t really get much inspiration further than that though, so decided to put together a few of my favourite veggies, as my day had been sadly lacking in any fruit or veg other than that apple! I grilled a pepper on a griddle pan, boiled up some broccoli and sprinkled it with smoked salt, and made a little side salad which I drizzled with lemon and balsamic vinegar. Pretty darn tasty it was, too!

I’m so happy that I’ve finally returned to the fun of WIAW!
What do you think of my choices?
Do you eat differently at the weekend?

1. May 15, 2013 9:05 am

Everything looks so tasty, especially the reuben!

2. May 15, 2013 9:33 am

Lovely day off eats. I tend to eat more at the weekends just because I have more time. :-)

3. May 15, 2013 11:55 am

Yum that sandwich looks delicious!!

I tend to snack a lot less on the weekends as I tend to go out for brunch more often which keeps me full the whole day till dinner. Or I find I’m on the go so much I forget about snacking so much, which shows how during the week I probably don’t need to snack so much but its a good excuse to get away from my desk at work :D

• May 17, 2013 8:54 am

Ooh I LOVE going out for brunch! You’re totally right – and when I’m busy at work, I don’t even think about food, but when it’s quiet I’m thinking about snacks all the time!

4. May 15, 2013 12:00 pm

I think your choices look wonderful! I absolutely LOVE croissants, but I very rarely give in to them

5. May 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Everything looks delicious! Was the sausage in your sandwich vegan as well. I have such a hard time finding vegetarian/vegan meat substitutes like that. You sandwich looks wonderful!

• May 17, 2013 8:55 am

Yeah everything is vegan! I pick them up from Holland & Barrett or our local health food store. Or I make my own with vital wheat gluten :)

6. May 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Oh yum, that cappuccino looks especially good! Looks like a tasty day :)

7. May 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Welcome back to WIAW I guess! :) Way more delicious-looking than a bunch of salads. :)

I definitely like your choices. Croissants and orange juice for breakfast sounds amazing!

8. May 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Can you come take pictures for me please? Gorgeous! I’ve never had a Reuben sandwich but have been loving sauerkraut lately so I think I might enjoy it!

9. May 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Love carob coated raisins and pop chips!

10. May 15, 2013 4:04 pm

I would gladly eat everything you posted! :)

11. May 15, 2013 4:45 pm

What a wonderful selection of food! I used to have a hard time eating on the weekends in high school because there was no schedule. I guess it depends on what is going on each weekend :)

• May 17, 2013 8:57 am

True – at work I always have my lunch at 12.30pm, but at the weekends that feels way too early!

12. May 15, 2013 5:23 pm

everything looks really good.

13. May 15, 2013 5:55 pm

I love these posts! Your food looks so yum xo

14. May 15, 2013 7:38 pm

I’d never heard of a Rueben before, so I’ve just looked it up. sounds like such a bizarre concoction, I might have to give it a go sometime!

15. liftsleepeat permalink
    May 16, 2013 7:41 am

Wooo welcome back! :D everything looks amazingly delicious!
    Normally my weekend eats are pretty much the same as my weekday eats unless im out for a special occasion or something.

1. The lusty month of May | paperbagblog