WIAW – Bank Holiday Edition

May 29, 2013

Happy What I Ate Wednesday! I hope that everyone’s having a great week! It’s time for another round of What I Ate Wednesday, so here are my meals and snacks from Bank Holiday Monday . It was a really quiet day filled with blog reading, a little shopping, a film and DanceFit in the evening.

I started the day with one of Mr T’s favourite breakfasts – croissants! I enjoyed a couple of vegan croissants with a good old mug of coffee in my jimjams with Trout.

After I finally got dressed I walked into town for a spot of shopping, and on my way home I popped into M&S to get a few things for lunch. We had a little mezze of salads, houmous, grilled vegetables, tabouleh and some fresh bread from the market outside the station. It’s called Chewy Brown and it’s so good! I also got us a couple of drinks – a fresh lemonade, and some fresh apple juice, delish.

In the afternoon I decided to relax on the sofa and watch a movie – I settled on Eat, Pray, Love and snacked on a couple of things from my vegan food swap box. I had a handful of the dark chocolate covered cacao nibs and some blue potato crisps, washed down with a glass of Pepsi Max.

Before I knew it, it was time to get ready for DanceFit! I always have something quick and light before dance, otherwise I feel really tired and sluggish. I settled on a salad bowl of the leftovers from lunchtime, and a slice of toasted bread with plenty of Vitalite. There are few things better than fresh bread, toasted and buttered. So good!

So that’s my day of food for WIAW! I hope that everyone had a great Bank Holiday weekend and are enjoying the week so far. Our weekend was really quiet in general, but sometimes you need the time to relax and get your energy back – even though I was going a little crazy by not being busy all the time!

What do you think of my meals? Do you ever have the same thing for lunch and for dinner?

1. May 29, 2013 9:14 am

Ooooh looks like a super yummy bank holiday!

2. May 29, 2013 11:10 am

Dance Fit sounds like fun whatever it involves!
    And what a lovely spread. I treat myself to a mix ‘n’ match of those M+S salad pots sometimes too. I especially like the giant couscous one :)
    The only thing I notice is the lack of sweet stuff in your eats, I probably should get out of the habit of needing something sweet after every meal, even if it is just fruit…

• May 30, 2013 11:04 pm

DanceFit is a weekly class that I go to – it’s like a cross between street dance and aerobics, with some core exercises in the middle like sit-ups, plank etc. So much fun!

I definitely have a massive sweet tooth!! I guess that day I just didn’t have as much of a craving – although the cacao nibs are really satisfying.

3. May 29, 2013 2:10 pm

I just tried chocolate covered cacao nibs a few weeks ago! (They had bags on sale for $1!!!) They were so delicious! I have them after dinner to calm my massive sweet tooth ;)

4. May 29, 2013 3:06 pm

I love the idea of a mezze platter, makes me want a picnic!

5. May 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Mmm I love M&S stuff, I’m saving some money on my gift card for when a new food store opens near me!

6. May 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Yum! I just want to hang out with you and have snacks all day. Hehe. I am long overdue for a grocery shopping trip, so thanks for the delicious ideas!

Did you like ‘Eat Pray Love’?

• May 30, 2013 11:07 pm

I actually didn’t really like it… I would like to read the book, but I thought the film kind of dragged on a little by the end of it!

Thanks lovely – enjoy your shopping trip!

7. May 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Everything looks so good! I’ll eat the same thing for lunch and dinner sometimes. Usually it’s because I have to though.

• May 30, 2013 11:08 pm

I try not to as it’s more fun to mix it up – but sometimes it’s just inevitable!

8. May 29, 2013 5:48 pm

I love these posts! Your croissants look amazing xo

9. May 30, 2013 10:11 am

your salad selection looks lovely. making me plan my lunch already and it’s only 10 o’clock! the m&s feel fuller for longer ‘superfoods’ salad is amazing! don’t know if you’ve tried it? I was addicted to it for a while :) X

• May 30, 2013 11:09 pm

Hmm I don’t think so – but Trout tried a new one this week which I think is similar, and he was raving about it! It had falafel in, yum!

10. May 30, 2013 9:35 pm

Aw I love your mezze lunch! It’s nice to have a little selection of things & sometimes you just have to treat yourself to some M&S! Their cold stuffs are amazing. Sometimes I have to have some things for lunch AND dinner as making meals just for one is sometimes a bit impossible! I always try & mix it up a bit though, but if I’ve found something yummy I’m happy to eat it twice.

• May 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah, sometimes if something’s super yum I can’t resist having it for both meals!

1. The lusty month of May | paperbagblog