Kemp Town Carnival

June 5, 2013

On Saturday afternoon we strolled up to have a browse around Kemp Town Carnival. It’s an annual event, and always so much fun! Kemp Town is an area of Brighton which I love – so many independent shops (like most of Brighton!), it’s where Pizzaface lives, lots of charity shops. It’s got such great community spirit.

The streets are always absolutely packed with people – there are food stalls, antique stalls, clothes stalls, live music, face painting and candy floss. We had a wonder around trying to decide what to have for lunch – there was so much choice! – but we had to settle on an entirely vegan stall, which was selling burgers, hotdogs and falafel. We went for the burger, which came with avocado and salad – yum! And erm, well, I also had to go for some baklava from Sultan’s Delights. I’m addicted!!

We watched some live music before cutting down to the seafront and walking home on much quieter streets. As we were slightly hungover from the night before we had a chilled out evening. My sister and her fiancee popped by for an hour or so as they were attending a Mad Men themed party in Brighton. They looked amazing!

We didn’t have any gas in our building from last Thursday to Monday – it was driving me MAD. We couldn’t cook anything on the hob, we had no hot water, couldn’t shower, couldn’t do laundry… UGH! It’s silly how something like that can affect your mood. I really tried to focus on ignoring the inconvenience and be thankful for the things that I do have – as well as the things that I usually have, which others don’t. Though that first shower was pretty incredible!

How was your weekend? Did you enjoy the sunshine?

1. June 5, 2013 9:30 am

Mmmm that burger looks amazing! Glad to hear that your gas is working again, must have been a nightmare!

• June 7, 2013 9:04 am

It really was, but at least it made me appreciate the gas when it’s here…!

2. Nicky @kabochafashionista permalink
    June 5, 2013 2:26 pm

Ohhhh that burger <3 It's so cool that you can get vegan food so easily in Brighton! And baklava…now that is something I've not had in AGES…shame I can't have try any damn pastry! Glad you got your gas back!!

• June 7, 2013 9:05 am

I know, we’re super lucky here :) Hmm I’m sure you could whip up some incredible raw GF baklava!

3. June 5, 2013 3:35 pm

We only visited Kemp Town for the first time on our last visit, it’s a great area and that carnival looks like so much fun!

• June 7, 2013 9:05 am

It’s so nice! If there was a station I would definitely like to live there.

4. June 5, 2013 5:28 pm

No gas? I would die! Glad it’s back though.

5. June 5, 2013 6:10 pm

THis looks so amazing! xo

1. Weekend in Brighton and London | paperbagblog