What I’ve been eating and what I’ve been wearing lately.

June 14, 2013

Last Friday Trout and I had a little lunch date at Street Diner – brief but a lovely treat in the middle of the day. I had a mixed lunch box from Sultan’s Delights, which had tabouleh, flatbread, salad and a kibbeh. I’ve never even heard of a kibbeh, but it was incredible. Cracked bulgar wheat patties stuffed with pan fried mushrooms, almonds, caramelised onions and topped with smoked aubergine salsa. Holy yum! Trout had a box of Ethiopian food, which was so good. Two curries topped with salad and these kind of bread pieces – the texture was like a soft dosa, but I’m not sure what it was.

Of course I couldn’t resist taking some baklava back to the office – and I realised that I’ve never actually shown a photograph of it! Feast your eyes on this tray of sweetness.

Do you remember last week when we had chat? Well this week Trout made his own – and it was incredible! So fresh and full of flavour.

My face was on the back of a newspaper.

I’ve been photographing my outfits this week, so here is what I’ve been wearing lately.

I might have matched my nail polish to my shoes.

So that’s what I’ve been up to lately! Happy Friday one and all – do you guys have any plans for the weekend? I have a hundred and one things to do this evening, and as long as I can avoid the temptation of the pub I am totally going to nail that to-do list. Tomorrow is a friend’s birthday and then Sunday I’m off to cover a cricket match in Arundel for work. Wooh more cricket! Mostly I’m just looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow (yeah right) and having gingerbread porridge for brekka with Trout – he came home on Wednesday and declared that he was going to try porridge. We’ll see how that goes…!

Enjoy your Friday everyone! What are you up to over the weekend?

1. June 14, 2013 1:18 pm

What is baklava and chat? Loving the peach shoes too! :) x

• June 15, 2013 10:41 am

Baklava is a pastry – it’s layers and layers of filo, nuts and (usually) honey, so pretty much never vegan. But this is made with syrup, wahoo! And chat is an Indian street food that’s kind of like a pimped bombay mix with fresh ingredients added – so good!

2. June 14, 2013 1:21 pm

I think that Ethiopian bread is called injera http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injera I’ve always wanted to try it! I need some shoes like yours, love those coral ones. We are off to see Superman at the cinema, then I’m round at my friends for drinks and snacks and a big family get together on Sunday. Hope you have a great weekend!

• June 15, 2013 10:42 am

Ah, thankyou! It was yum. Sounds like a great weekend, enjoy! My pumps are from Peacocks, have a look x

3. June 14, 2013 2:00 pm

I have my brother in law staying for the weekend so we may go to the cinema. Also my mum and her partnre are visiting so we may have big family BBQ if the weather is up for it. Have a great weekend!

4. June 14, 2013 7:14 pm

All the food looks so good! And I love your pinky shoes x

5. June 15, 2013 12:49 am

Big yums :) I’ve never had kibbeh either but love injera (Laura’s definitely right). I make it often at home as it’s super easy. I use this recipe if you’re interested http://www.yumuniverse.com/2011/06/20/authentic-ethiopian-injera-100-teff-flat-bread/
    Trout seems like an excellent cook, he should post here sometime if you’d let him?!

And, how have you got such a nice selection of shoes? I practically never buy shoes as I struggle so much to find pretty vegan ones :(

• June 15, 2013 10:45 am

Thanks for the recipe! I suggested your idea to Trout but he wasn’t keen. I think it’s a great idea! I’ll keep nagging him ;)

I find most of my shoes on the high street – cheap shoes are generally always vegan, but sometimes I splash out on proper vegan shoes. These are from Peacocks and New Look x