Life lately, including pubs and peonies

July 12, 2013

I was trying to find some inspiration, and checked to see if I had any half-drafted posts to finish when I found these images saved. I thought I would post them up as some kind of reminder for you over the weekend – to eat good food, and buy beautiful flowers.

Sorry for the crappy photo, due to a combination of getting used to a different lens and bad lighting it came out less than perfect, but I just had to show this photo of my amazing lunch. It was a few weeks ago now, but my mama and papa came down to visit for the day and we had lunch at The Royal Sovereign. I’m a firm believer in taking them for pub lunches, as they offer both meat and vegan options (in Brighton, anyway) so everyone’s happy. We are loyal regulars at The Royal Sovereign on a Sunday – their roast dinners are the best in Brighton – but I’d never been to try any of their other menu options. I’ll definitely be returning!

I walk past a flower shop every day to and from work, and finally I bought myself a bunch of beautiful flowers. These peonies are stunning, and keep getting bigger and bigger! They’ve been joined by the loveliest rose, which a gentleman that I volunteer at the souprun with brought me from his garden. So sweet.

This weekend we’re off to a friend’s house for a BBQ and Sports Day. I’m hoping the weather will be fantastic, and I’m looking forward to spending time with Trout and good friends. They held the same weekend last year, and even though it didn’t end too well for me, I’m still really looking forward to BBQ food and ridiculous sporting events.

What are your plans for the weekend? I hope you’re enjoying the sunshine!

1. July 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Those peonies are beautiful :) I hope you’re weekend ends better than last time.

2. July 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Peonies are my favourite flower! We have a peonie bush in the garden and have been cutting them and filling vases in teh house.

3. July 12, 2013 6:28 pm

I wish I could get good vegan options in pubs near me. The peonies have just finished in our garden but they were so beautiful when in bloom. I always feel so civilized buying myself flowers :)
    Sounds like you’ve got a fun weekend lined up. I’m going to be in London- London vegan Beer Fest and seeing friends.

• July 17, 2013 8:10 am

I hope you had fun at the Beer Fest! I’m so sad that I couldn’t make it :(

4. July 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Those flowers are beautiful! I hope you enjoy your weekend!

5. July 14, 2013 1:14 pm

The food looks fantastic!

6. July 15, 2013 3:10 am

Love LOVE peonies!
    just found your blog via twitter #lifelately. super cute!
    I host a life lately rules free ink up each monday — would love for you to come link up!
    My blog is Wild & Precious. xo

7. July 19, 2013 10:09 am

Have You had the Sunday roast at The Sussex Yeoman? If its better than that I’ll be very impressed!

• July 19, 2013 1:52 pm

I haven’t, but I keep hearing how great it is! Will have to try it and report back.