Wednesday Wishes – Smart Casual

July 31, 2013

WW

Happy Wednesday y’all! Halfway to the weekend, I can almost smell it. I know it’s been a while, but here I am with a new episode of Wednesday Wishes! The theme this time is Smart Casual.

I bought these boyfriend jeans (5) a couple of months ago and love them. They’re perfect for lazing around in when I just can’t seem to find the energy to make an effort – I particularly like them with my pink polka dot faux-Converse! – but I’ve been on the hunt for some stilettos or dazzling shoes to pair them with for a night out. One of my biggest style inspirations is Alexis at Brighton Style Memos, who totally rocks this look.

I couldn’t decide which pair of shoes to go with, so I’m just going to say both of them. I would never buy shoes without trying them on first, but these two definitely made my heart skip a beat. I love the simple design of these stilettos from Zara (6) and I’m intrigued by these Carvela at Kurt Geiger shoes (4). A friend has a pair from the same collection (and, may I add, a much nicer pair – but you can’t buy the same shoes as your friend, right?) and they are so comfortable! If I’m wearing casual trousers I need to smarten it up, and this top from Cos is perfect (1). Simple, but with great detail. This would work so well with simple black trousers, too – or printed trousers. So basically it’s an investment piece. And then we come onto the final dish of the day – accessories. A friend set up Rah and Rah with her sister and father, and they make the most wonderful jewellery. One day I will ask them to make something just for me, but for now I am dreaming of these beautiful pieces. (2,3)

So there are my Wednesday Wishes! Anything catch your eye?

1. July 31, 2013 11:25 am

Totally love this get up! love the shoes (number four) and the Rah and Rah Jewellery! I’ll have to check it out!

Sarah x

• August 1, 2013 10:07 am

You definitely need to check out Rah and Rah – especially the way they source their materials.

2. July 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Oooh nice! I love number 4 shoes but it all looks great together. After getting paid today I don’t think I’m gonna have much money left!

• August 1, 2013 10:08 am

#4 shoes seem to be the most popular so far! I’m in saving mode for holidays otherwise I would be splashing the cash, too!

3. July 31, 2013 4:45 pm

Happy Wednesday! I’m off today so it’s extra-sweet. Supremely loving the looks of those relaxed boyfriend jeans; I need a pair of easy-to-wear jeans that I can just throw on. I’m far too guilty of dressing down more than I should.

• August 1, 2013 10:09 am

Ooh I love mid-week days off! Hope you had a great day. I go through phases of either dressing up all the time or slobbing about for days (weeks) on end!

4. July 31, 2013 5:54 pm

I want the #4 shoes. They look so good!

5. July 31, 2013 9:42 pm

Those pointed flats are perfect for work…love them!

• August 1, 2013 10:10 am

They’re stilettos so maybe not the best for work! Although I do occasionally like wearing heels to work.

6. August 1, 2013 2:51 am

I rarely have the occasion to wear stilettos, but those Zara heels are pretty tempting! Love your style, lady.

• August 1, 2013 10:10 am

Thanks darling! I’m thinking maybe both shoes, as the Zara ones are quite cheap…