UK Vegan Food Swap

August 2, 2013

Another month, another fantastic food swap! And no offence to all of the other brilliant swappers that I’ve been paired up with, but this one was pretty special…!

^^ Stuffed full of amazing goodies, each with their own personalised note. So thoughtful!^^

^^Especially as she had taken the time to look over my blog and pick things out that I’d like. She even bought a treat for Trout! He likes treats.^^

^^Hummus crisps! Both of these were so yummy – especially when you eat them whilst sipping a cold beer. Perfect.^^

^^ It’s funny, because on the note that came with this bag of dried fruit and nuts Claire said that although it may not be as fun as the other goodies, it was the perfect combo of flavours with plenty of juicy fruit. And she wasn’t wrong! What’s funny is that for someone else this may have been boring or something that would lurk at the back of the cupboard – but I eat dried fruit and nuts every morning for breakfast. So this was right up my street!^^

^^I’m not usually one to try raw treats – apart from raw brownies, they’re so good! – but this was lovely! The ginger really made it for me. I had it for breakfast one morning but then remembered that I really can’t handle anything sugary that early in the morning – not even natural sugar! So if I bought it again I would definitely save it for an afternoon/after-dinner treat.^^

I’m slowly working my way through everything. I’m happy to note that those millionaire shortbreads helped me and Trout survive a hungover afternoon spent in bed…! I’m really looking forward to trying the chilli sauce, that looks incredible. And the lollies are so fun!

I still haven’t received my swapping parcel for June, and have completely forgotten to photograph the parcel that I sent out this month – but here is a photo of the parcel that I sent out in June:

^^Hello hummus crisps!^^

If you’re not already enrolled, you can sign up to the UK Vegan Food Swap here.

1. August 2, 2013 8:58 am

Those lentil and humms chips sound awesome. So many good things in your package!

2. August 2, 2013 9:33 am

Aaaw what a thoughtful package :) Love all the little notes. I WILL join the swap eventually when life is a little more settled and I’m in one place for more than a few weeks at a time.

3. August 2, 2013 1:38 pm

Aw thanks for the lovely write-up Christina, so glad you enjoyed your parcel! How funny that I sent you the same hummus crisps that you sent a month ago! x

• August 5, 2013 1:32 pm

I received them in my first ever parcel of the swap, love sharing the love! Can’t get enough of them.

4. August 2, 2013 6:06 pm

Food swaps sound so awesome, but I don’t have any places around that I could get cool food to swap with people. What an awesome package!

• August 5, 2013 1:32 pm

You can always make stuff yourself and post it? I’ve received some great homemade goodies!

5. August 3, 2013 10:23 am

Oh man! Everyone seems to be getting the lentil chips! I had them once at an airport but can’t find them anywhere, I got a bag in a food swap when I was preggers and gave them away as I was off food!
    I hope your June parcel is on the way, let me know if I need to do anything. X

• August 5, 2013 1:33 pm

I’ll post you some! They are super yum. Don’t worry about my June parcel – very long, frustrating story. Not even fussed about receiving it now!?

6. August 18, 2013 3:06 pm

This sort of makes me wish I was vegan! just so I could get involved. What an awesome idea

Tora || http://www.torabaker.co.uk

• August 19, 2013 10:06 am

Give it a try! It’s a great way of discovering just how many things are vegan that you may not realise.

7. August 21, 2013 3:24 pm

What a lovely food swap parcel. I’m so obsessed with those lentil chips, they’re my favourite!

1. To Happy Vegans » Blog Archive » UK Vegan Food Swap July 2013