Life lately, according to my phone

August 21, 2013

No Wednesday Wishes or What I Ate Wednesday this week – instead, Life Lately!

1/ & 2/ A fun Friday evening with friends. We decided to go to pubs that none of us had been to, and drink something we’d never had before. This resulted in one truly stinky pub that we won’t be returning to – I had Leffe – and an amazing pub that I certainly will be returning to. It was an old-American themed pub with sawdust all over the floor, and a mug of monkey nuts on the bar for you to help yourself to, before throwing the empty shells on the ground. It felt so wrong! I drank Laines Best and we played games of cards. 3/ Walking home from the souprun one evening I bumped into a friend I hadn’t seen for a long time, and met his new fur baby! So sweet. 4/ Drinking in a bar in Brighton and listening to some great tunes by this DJ. 5/ A picnic after going boating with friends. One of the best days of summer, it was perfect. There was a helicopter across the field, too. 6/ Beers on the beach with friends. 7/ Japandroids at The Haunt, Brighton, and 8/ Regina Spektor at De Wa Warr Pavilion, Bexhill. Regina was incredible, Japandroids not so much. 9/ Trout surprised me with a pizza from Pizzaface. So good! 10/ Burritos! These were from a great place in Southampton – we grabbed them before heading down to The Joiners to see my favourite band, The Flatliners. Such a fun evening. 11/ Soft tacos. Oh I do love Mexican food. 12/ Burgers from Grubbs. 13/ Coffee with love, and 14/ Rasputin!

So that’s what I’ve been up to between June and August. Oh my, so much junk food! I guess it really adds up… aside from that, we’ve been to see some great bands, and time with friends has been really special. Trying to make the most of the little sunshine we get per year, before we have to spend the remaining ten months in the safety of our flats.

How is your summer going? Have you been to see Regina Spektor before?

1. August 21, 2013 7:56 am

It looks like you have been having an amazing time. Your surprise pizza looks awesome!

2. August 21, 2013 12:19 pm

I would love to see Regina! I’ve ended up with tickets for Laura Marling, Daughter and Jamie Cullum so loads of gigs coming up in the next few months. It has been a lovely summer and will be sad to see it go, but I do love September!

• August 24, 2013 10:17 am

Same – I’m sad to see summer go, but at least it finally arrived here! And autumn is pretty darn good.

3. August 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Tiny dogs, burritos and Pizza Face…it looks like you’ve been doing summer right!

4. August 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Your summer looks perfect! x

5. August 22, 2013 5:25 pm

I am so behind on all my favorite blogs. Thanks for catching me up!

My boyfriend has been trying to convince me to get a cat (despite the fact that I’m allergic). He peeked over my shoulder the other day when I was reading your blog and caught a glimpse of Rasputin. His good looks aren’t helping my cause!

• August 24, 2013 10:20 am

Aww! My Mum’s allergic to cats too, it’s such a bummer. Just keep showing him Ras, maybe that will satisfy his cat desires?!

1. August, you were quite some month | paperbagblog