Winter Warmth

September 11, 2013

Whenever the seasons start to change, I always start to think about what kind of clothes I want to add to my wardrobe. I have a soft spot for autumn – it’s starting to get colder, you can spend evenings at home watching movies, enjoy an entire Sunday afternoon in a warm pub with friends eating a roast dinner and playing cards. I also love knitwear, oversized coats, ankle boots and chunky knit scarves, so they are definitely back on the agenda.

Here are a few things that I’m inspired by at the moment, and will hopefully be picking up and adding to my autumn/winter wardrobe.

Textured knitwear, amazing jeans and a distressed leather bag. Of course I’ll be looking for cotton knitwear and a faux leather bag ;)

Layers are my favourite thing about autumn/winter. A shirt, layered with a jumper, layered with a blazer, layered with a chunky scarf, teamed with skinny jeans and pumps.

Unless it has a great knit – like a waffle knit – jumpers can be a little boring, and details like this just make it so much more fun.//Pretty random, but I’m totally in love with this underwear. Simple and just slightly on the granny-side, I love it.

Layers and a manish look.

Love these trainers.

What will you be adding to your wardrobe when the seasons begin to change?

1. September 11, 2013 8:41 am

I love autum and winter fashion. Wrapping up warm and being cosy feels great!

2. September 11, 2013 8:42 am

I love winter and knit wear! Just ordered some boots and jumpers online. The short coat in the last picture is especially exciting – I’d love to have one like that!

3. September 11, 2013 8:43 am

I love cozy winter layers and textures. I don’t buy many new clothes but I did just find some great ankle boots which I’m really pleased with :)
    Love those undies too!

• September 13, 2013 9:26 am

Ooh ankle boots are a must for autumn! I have some in beige and maroon, one as a wedge and one as a heel.

4. September 11, 2013 9:27 am

I am in love with that bag and blazer in the first pic.. any ideas where they’re from?!

• September 13, 2013 9:28 am

No sorry, the images are from Pinterest – but Zara is great for jumper/jackets like that, and I think you could find a bag like that on ebay, or again Zara. Topshop might also have something similar!

5. September 11, 2013 2:29 pm

I love autumnal layering! That back is a gorgeous colour xo

6. September 11, 2013 8:12 pm

I love autumn and winter fashion! I wish I could afford to buy a whole bunch of stuff

7. September 11, 2013 11:50 pm

I want it all! Autumn is my favorite time of year, and I can’t wait for all the cozy knit things that come along with it. I love your picks – especially those slightly-granny-ish underwear/brassiere. ;) Want want want.

8. makedospend permalink
    September 12, 2013 8:39 am

the sudden change in weather left me feeling a little confused wardrobe wise. Having just got into the swing of dressing for summer, outfit planning has to be re-thought once again and all the jumpers and woolly socks dug out from the bottom of the wardrobe! In the midst of all this it’s very inspiring to see autumn fashion ideas, reminding me autumn/winter is worth dressing well for! Thank you :-)

• September 13, 2013 9:30 am

Thanks lovely! I’m the same, everything seems to need washing before it can be brought back into my wardrobe, and it’s time to start packing away all those summer dresses that can’t transition into autumn/winter with the addition of thick tights and a big cardigan.

9. September 12, 2013 12:16 pm

I love granny undies! I picked up a couple of things in Berlin, but I’m still hoping to get some more knitware, there’s nothing else like snuggling up in an oversize knit :-)

• September 13, 2013 9:31 am

I haven’t done any shopping while I’ve been away! I tend to only go into shops which are independent when I’m abroad, that I can’t find here, but nothing has caught my eye! Looking forward to jumper dresses!

10. wicca303 permalink
    September 13, 2013 3:09 pm

I nominated you for a WordPress Family Award. Please take a look: http://callingthequarters.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/an-award/

11. September 16, 2013 6:06 pm

WInter fashion is my FAVOURITE and I love all the images you’ve got here!

I’ve recently started my own lifestyle blog, please check it out on…
    phazestyle.blogspot.co.uk