Arbonne Cosmetics

November 29, 2013

When Nicola got in touch with me recently to see whether I would be interested in trying some of their products, I literally couldn’t reply any quicker! I’m a terribly ashamed vegan to admit that I don’t try as hard as I should do to buy vegan make-up. I absolutely love Lush’s Dream Cream and honestly believe it’s one of the best moisturisers I’ve tried – but as far as my other cosmetics go, I am fairly lazy. I have a beautiful vanilla scented shower gel which is veggie and not tested on animals, but as my Motherbear works at Boots I frequently get gifted unused testers and cheap giftsets that she’s picked up from work. Some of the products are fantastic, and when I’ve run out I’ll often just pick up a new one because I know that it’s a great product, but what I don’t know is whether it’s vegan or not.

There isn’t a great deal of information out there, either. I remember Mac being helpful in the past, but they’ve seemingly gone quiet on whether their products are vegan or not. I’ve bought a few items from vegan brands in the past, but quite frankly they were shocking. It’s the same with vegan shoes – I honestly don’t know how these companies can charge ridiculous prices for their range, when I can pick up the same quality, made in the same country, and with better design and style, on the highstreet for a fifth of the price.

ANYWAY. Back to Arbonne. Now I am by no means any kind of beauty blogger. At all. You won’t find any shots of me trying these samples out (no-one needs to see my face that close!) but I will say this – their products are fantastic. Their range is entirely vegan, so I couldn’t wait to jump on board.

I  received sachets of foundation, day and night cream, freshener and primer. Both the day and night creams were so lovely to use; they had a subtle citrus flavour, and made my skin really smooth. The foundation was quite thick – and it did take me a few sachets to find the right shade for me. I’m as pale as anything, but according to these sachets I was soft blush! The freshener was lovely, too. I can’t say I’ve ever used a product like this before, or even heard of it, but it was silky smooth to use, and had the same fresh scent that the day and night creams had. I’ve never used primer before either, so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but it was so smooth to apply and left my skin feeling really soft all day. I really did love the smell of the creams, it made the products seem so fresh and clean.

If you would like to order Arbonne products, get in touch with Nicola. For more information, take a look at her blog, and make sure you mention her ID number when you order:441117872. Enjoy!

Do you strictly buy vegan make-up? Any brands you would like to share?

1. November 29, 2013 7:45 pm

I’ve never heard of them. My aunt gets those makeup sample monthly boxes and had a bunch of stuff she didn’t want so I looked through them and found some vegan stuff, but I don’t remember the brand atm. I’m just trying to use up all my old makeup so it wasn’t like I wasted money on them.

• December 3, 2013 1:41 pm

Same – but then when it runs out, I just buy it again because I love the product!

2. December 1, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi! I am no makeup expert, but this website might be helpful- http://www.cutecosmetics.co.uk/vegan-48-c.asp

I have never bought anything from them and have nothing to gain, but you can shop by ‘vegan’ so I thought it might be useful for picking up stuff or identifying brands. It does seem that alot of companies go back and forth about vegan which is unfortunate.

3. crazygirlgeek permalink
    December 5, 2013 12:14 am

Check out Superdrug’s own brand products (make-up, moisturiser, cleanser, shampoo, shower gels, etc), lots of them are vegan friendly and almost all are vegetarian friendly and everything is bunny approved. :). I love their stuff as often I can’t afford the more expensive options. :)

• December 7, 2013 11:13 am

Ooh thanks for reminding me, I always forget that they label things vegan. Not sure how good their stuff is, but it’s worth trying them out! x

• crazygirlgeek permalink
        December 7, 2013 11:26 am

They’re pretty good. Their oil-balancing moisturiser is pretty much the same as clarins stay matte moiaturiser (my clarins facialist checked the ingredients for me). After an initial settling in period my skin is doing pretty well with them.

I love their conditioner too. The scent really lingers and I only need a small amount to condition my hair, and I have quite dry frizzy hair. They do tubs of hair and body coconut oil too, really eeasonably priced. :) I am a total convert.

• December 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Ooh I think I’ll have to investigate! Thanks x

4. December 7, 2013 3:20 pm

Tarte is one of my favorites, and everything they do is vegan/cruelty-free and free from all the nasty parabens/sulfates/mineral oils, etc etc. but they only ship to the US and Canada! I could bring you back a few things after my next america visit if you want though :) Urban decay is also vegan and cruelty free, and the products are amazing, plus they have a space at debenham’s. can’t think of any drug store/high street brands though…

• December 11, 2013 6:02 pm

I tried Urban Decay mascara a couple of years ago and it was awful! Really clumpy. Is it worth trying them again?

• December 11, 2013 7:37 pm

I actually don’t know about their mascara, but their primers, eyeshadows, and eye liners are amazing! i’ve also heard all good things about their new line of lipsticks, so i’m jonesing to give them a go.