An evening putting up Christmas decorations

December 10, 2013
tags:

On Sunday afternoon we tidied the flat and put up all of our Christmas decorations – nothing too exciting, just a really cute tree and a few other bits and pieces here and there. I decided to make it a festive evening, with Christmas music playing, some non-alcoholic mulled wine bubbling in the background, an IPA chilling in the fridge, pieces of iced fruit cake to snack on, and a party tea to finish it all off in the evening. It’s so nice to have all of our decorations up, I love switching on the fairy lights in the evening and lighting wintry candles around the lounge.

I was so excited to find non-alcoholic mulled wine! I didn’t even know it existed. Thank you Infinity Foods! I know that Marks and Spencer make one, too. They also make amazing vegan party food! It’s a tradition every year for Trout and I to pop in and stock up so that we can have little party teas together over Christmas, but I couldn’t resist popping in on my own to grab a couple of packs for the Decorating Day. We had a few bits and pieces from their Indian selection and Chinese selection packs. I absolutely love the spring rolls with stars on! So yummy. Not the sweetcorn ones, though. Yuck.

I love that Rasputin knows when it’s advent calendar time! When I pick it up he runs straight over to the sofa, and we perch on the edge while I find the window and empty the treats into my hand. Sometimes he eats them out of my palm, but most of the time he’ll pick up one or two at a time, leap down and eat them, then jump back onto the sofa to repeat the process. It’s pretty cute.

In other Christmas news, I couldn’t help myself – I had to make a little family elf video. They’re ridiculous, but also ridiculously funny! Click here to watch it. It’s got me, two of Trout (don’t ask), Rasputin and Trout’s niece Jasmine. I hope the link works – if it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll take it down.

Have you put your Christmas decorations up yet? We decorated our office yesterday, and our tree is kind of ridiculous. It’s even covered in fake snow – this stuff is incredible! It comes in a powder, you mix it with water, and it turns into snow. Brilliant! I also sprayed it with fake snow, and it’s covered in classy decorations, with a colour scheme and everything. We did our office proud!

1. December 10, 2013 8:10 pm

The link leads to the Play store for me :(

2. December 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Haha that vid is hillarious!
    I love the idea of a decorating evening. Nobody else is that fussed about decorations in my family so as I insist on us having a tree it’s usually me who has to do all the decorations myself! My brothers might help with the lights if they’re feeling generous :S

• December 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I did have to bribe Trout with food and beer to get him to help, to be fair ;)

3. December 10, 2013 8:47 pm

A kitty advent calendar? That’s genius. I don’t know why I’ve never done that. My cat would love it, but also not understand the concept. All she’d know is that she’s getting treats and that she wants more.

4. makedospend permalink
    December 11, 2013 8:34 am

Truffle has the same dreamies catvent calendar, she loves them too!
    -E

• December 11, 2013 6:05 pm

They’re great! Last year he had one with treats that contained cat nip and we had to throw it away because he goes mental when he has cat nip :(

5. December 11, 2013 8:58 am

We put our tree up this weekend too. I love decorating the tree, so much fun! A kitty advent calendar, how cute!

• December 11, 2013 6:06 pm

The weather has totally thrown me this year – I can’t believe it’s nearly Christmas?!

6. December 11, 2013 11:35 am

I love the Elf videos, we’ve made them a few times at work, I can remember the first one I ever saw and I was crying with laughter – yours in pretty funny too!