Photos of the Week #14

April 7, 2014

WEEK 14 OF 52

Last week began with Press Day at Sussex County Cricket Club. I was mainly taking photographs for a few social media accounts, and a few behind the scenes shots.//A doughnut the size of my HEAD! One of the treats I snapped up at VegFest the weekend before.

Breakfast; vanilla soya yogurt topped with fresh blackberries, a sprinkling of granola and a blob of peanut butter. Best way to start the day!//We went up to London to see Tokyo Police Club play at Scala last week. They were pretty good – not really my kind of thing but Trout loved them, and it was a great way to begin his birthday celebrations.

I took my man out for a birthday lunch at VBites. It was so nice to have a lunchtime date – we are lucky enough to work on the same street so can quite often walk to Pret together or the local wrap cafe and get a takeaway before heading back to the office, so it was nice to sit down and eat together. Trout had the fish finger stack and I had the RLT. We also picked up a cupcake each to enjoy back at our desks.//Saturday morning began with my first ever trip to the gym. I summoned as much pink as I could to inspire me, but it was pretty hard work!! I’ll be writing more about this later on.

Sunday was a lovely, relaxing day. I met a friend for coffee, and then we headed to Iydea for lunch. I haven’t been here for so long, I’d almost forgotten how good their food is.//In the afternoon I made some BBQ pulled ‘pork’ (jackfruit) and coleslaw to rest ahead of dinner, and got on with some white chocolate chip cookies. I used a recipe from Ms Cupcake, and it’s the best cookie recipe I’ve ever used. They are chewy and crunchy and gooey all at the same time.

So that’s what I got up to last week! How was your week? Do you go to the gym? Please tell me it gets easier!

1. April 7, 2014 3:30 pm

Looks like a fun packed week! xx

2. April 7, 2014 8:38 pm

Wow, that doughnut is actually kinda terrifying, like it might get up at night when you’re asleep and lead a secret life of its own. Would love to give you some gym tips if you’re interested! Drop me an email or something and we can chat :) I’m all about helping fellow vegans get fit and strong to dispel the “weak skinny pale vegan” stereotype x

• April 9, 2014 5:51 pm

Haha! Not if I eat it first ;)

That would be amazing! I’ll drop you an email at the weekend and badger you for advice on how to stay motivated when I think I’m going to pass out…

3. April 7, 2014 8:57 pm

Loving your pink gym accessories. :-) Hope you enjoyed it!

4. April 7, 2014 9:18 pm

There is nothing more inspiring than pink workout gear. Hope you felt motivated!

5. April 8, 2014 2:02 am

Wow, that doughnut is huge!! I’d be scared it would try to eat me ha! Looks like a fun week. I worked at a gym for years, but never actually got into working out at a gym. I guess I was there more for the social experience! I’m super active outdoors though and do yoga almost daily. Before we moved, we had a treadmill which I must say I really miss! There’s something about pumping some good music and going for it!

• April 9, 2014 5:52 pm

Not if I ate it first ;)

I was so disorientated on the treadmill! I think I’m definitely designed more for the classes and cycling than the running.

6. April 8, 2014 4:41 pm

Looks like a great week you’ve had. I love going to the gym, it makes you feel so great.

Jess x

7. April 8, 2014 7:53 pm

It definitely gets easier ;-) I can’t wait to eat at Iydea again soon!

• April 9, 2014 5:52 pm

I’ve been reading all your blog posts on running and tips etc. they’ve been so helpful <3