A day spent mostly in the kitchen

April 18, 2014

Last weekend we spent most of our time at home together, which is probably the best way to spend a weekend. Sunday was especially homely, what with a morning of housework followed by Trout getting into the kitchen to cook us lunch. We had cheese and onion pasties, in memory of the days when we would pick one up on our way to college from Forfars, or maybe get one at the weekend. Simple food, packed with silly memories from over a decade ago. (Scary!!)

Trout cooked up some mashed potato and added grated Cheezly and diced raw onion, then stuffed it into circles of Jus-Rol light puff pastry, and turned them into little pasties. Brushed with soya milk, they were then popped into the oven for 30 minutes or so, and served with a salad. Delish!

After lunch I headed into town to get a few bits and pieces, and came back with these beautiful tomatoes from Waitrose, plus some afternoon reading material.

When I got home the house smelt of garlic and Trout was hoovering. Is there a better sight to return home to?! He’d put together a batch of Cheezly straws, one of my favourite snacks. Oh ma gawd these are so good! So good, in fact, that a friend made them when he appeared on Come Dine With Me ;)

We snacked on a couple and then hung out with this face. I could just SMOOSH him, he is so cute.

It was fun to get the big camera out on Sunday. Since getting an iPhone I do use it a lot more for photography, which I don’t think is necessarily a bad thing, but it’s not quite the same.

How was your weekend?
Do you love to spend time at home, or prefer to get out and about?

1. April 18, 2014 1:00 pm

I love to do both – be out and about doing things and then you come home and appreciate it even more :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

2. April 18, 2014 1:47 pm

I love a varied weekend- typically I’ll be out and about on a Saturday then at home chilling on a Sunday.

• April 22, 2014 1:27 pm

Same – that’s how ours usually pan out! Unless we’re being entirely lazy….

3. April 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Looks like a weekend well spent! I generally like to get out and about on Saturday and have a quiet and lazy Sunday. :-)

4. April 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Drooling over the vegan cheese straws & pasties; two ideas I may have to steal!

5. April 20, 2014 8:38 am

I love weekends like that, sometimes I just crave them for recharging my batteries!

6. April 20, 2014 6:52 pm

That cat has the most handsome face I have ever seen! Love this post and am hungry now! x

7. April 28, 2014 11:50 am

Cheesey straws!!! They look so perfect, I worked at Forfars when I was 17 and I used to eat them all the time!!