New York, New York
I wish the title of this blog post indicated that I was on my way to New York, or at least planning a trip there, but sadly I’m still in Sussex dreaming of our next trip away, which we haven’t even booked yet. Although it won’t be New York.
At the weekend I popped into Marks and Spencer to try out a few of their new fragrances. A friend recommended them to me, and since they’re all cruelty-free I was really excited to give them a sniff. I ended up leaving with a 25ml bottle of New York, New York, and an Autograph Matte Velvet Lipstick in Blush Pink. This is the second lipstick I’ve bought from the collection, and I absolutely love them – they are really subtle, quite long-lasting and don’t dry your lips out. I kept putting off buying another lipstick as they are £10, but every time I looked at my sad, pretty-much-empty lipstick I knew I had to re-purchase it! Almost all of M&S make-up is vegan and cruelty-free, and their food range is expanding by the week. So exciting! Thank you Marks and Spencer.
I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine’s Day! Trout bought me the most amazing box of cupcakes from What Leila Bakes – you can see a photo of them over on my Instagram page, and I can confirm that they are as tasty as they look. You should also check out Leila’s cruelty-free beauty section on her blog, which has so many gems. I’m currently eyeing up Evolve, because I’m a sucker for good packaging.
Here are a few other things that I’ve been loving lately:
- Re-discovering Ella Masters’ blog – I read it years ago, and don’t know why or how but it fell off my radar. It’s firmly back on it now.
- Still loving Lydia Elise Millen’s YouTube channel.
- I am desperate to go to Temple of Seitan! Have you been? I hear you have to turn up as soon as it opens, as they sell out almost immediately…!
- These studs from Oliver Bonas are dreamy. I’m so happy to be back wearing earrings again – I had one stretched ear for about 8 years and only recently took it out. It’s slowly going back to normal, but coupled with a slight allergy to cheap metal I’ve been earring-free for such a long time. Not any more!
- This article on About Time, on taking note of the things you actually enjoy doing, and the things you only enjoy doing because they look good to the outside world – like going to the gym, avoiding carbs, and other horrendous activities like this.
What are you loving at the moment? Let me know what you’ve been up to, and how you spent your Valentine’s Day, I’d love to hear about it.